So I was ready to start

Monday came and I was all geared up to start but I came down with a sickness bug. Now I'm starting to feel better so I really need to begin. Hopefully by tomorrow I will be almost back to normal and I can begin. I'm currently 2 stone more than I should be and it feels like a have a huge battle ahead but I'm going to take it one day at a time. You guys have been inspiration and I know I can do it. So I'm putting it out there so I can be accountable. My aim: to lose 28 pounds

Pace: I'll be happy with a pound a week - it's going to be for the rest of my life so I'm not going to rush!

6 Replies

• Hi, sorry to hear that you started your weight loss journey with a sickness bug that is really bad luck. I totally agree that this is a change of lifestyle and that steady progress will be more sustainable. Everyone here is aiming to reach the same goal of a healthier and lighter life, good luck on your journey.

• Good luck JayMathary. You sound very sensible. Being sick right at the beginning is pretty bad timing, but you may get sick again during the process (though I very much hope you won't!) so be prepared for challenges along the way. As you have such a round number to lose, how about breaking it into 2 parts, and celebrate first losing 1 stone, then losing the other. You're setting yourself a 28 week task which may make it hard to see the goal so far off! Although I expect you may well lose it quicker (all going well :) ). If you are following the NHS 12 week plan, then people tend to lose between 1 and 2lbs a week. Good luck getting started :)

• Good luck and good attitude. Taking the first step is the hardest part, then the commitment. Be well

• I have to say I have been a yo yo dieter all my life, always looking for the next thing that will make me lose weight fast. I hate the way I look and it really gets me down. I also suffer from arthritis and so weight loss would make me feel better health wise and also help me feel a little in control of my body. I really want to do this so hopefully the next few days will be the hardest and then the rewards will become addictive! It's just tough starting 😔

• I think many of us have been yoyo dieters, mainly because we don't want to believe that it takes commitment and work over a long period to lose the weight.

Like you I have chased the next best thing to see if I could get it lose weight - if only I had spent 12 months, 40 years ago, changing my eating habits I could have had a much different life.

The best time to make the change is .... now!

You can do this - I know it.

• Keep us up to date, support is vital when feeling low most of the time. I hate the way I look too, so you're no on your own there by any stretch. Wish there was a happy wand to wave!!

You may also like...