11 weeks in on my own journey and 1 week of NHS 'plan'

I have just worked out that I am almost 11 weeks into my Bold new journey of life and almost 1 week into the NHS plan.

I decided to use the NHS chart as a mid way shin kick; help keep me away from toast and butter.

It seems to be working. This has been a difficult week emotionally. Struggling with the fact I am still 'overweight' means lots of early nights with herbal tea, thus avoiding the biscuits and toast.

So to plot and chart even more than I do in my mood/food diary (that I think will be a life partner from now on) has egged me on to do more exercise and eaten fewer 'treats'

My BIG thrill is after 11 weeks I have managed to run almost 10k without any need for walking splits. That for me is major. 11 weeks ago I couldn't make 100m without walking some of it.

Am pleased.

Not pleased at the scales still, but pleased and grateful to my body for forgiving me all the shit I have all too readily pumped into it given half a chance.

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done your body giving you great feedback!

• Hi K1972,

It's great to hear you've achieved the 10K run, that's a real achievement and something to definitely be proud of. Glad that you're feeling pleased. :-)

You mentioned that the week's been difficult emotionally, and well done for getting through the week - some weeks can definitely be more challenging than others, and I hope that the next week will bring you some more positives, on top of your existing achievements.

Wishing you a great week, and a positive onward journey.

Lowcal :-)

• Thank you lowcal 😊

• Well done on the exercise ! I can't run for the life of me! But I fitted 3 45 minute swims for 3 weeks now! I'm chuffed even if i did have bad day again today.!

Keep on trucking

• Well done on the 3x45 min swims xx

That is cardio and strengthening which ticks both the boxes on our little charts! Plus you are meeting the 150 min a week exercise...

Bravo 👍

As for having had a bit of a day...allow yourself and be kind to yourself...

I have just had 2 bits of pizza and feel not one jot guilty!

You may also like...