Introduction on this forum - Just joined

Hi all, my name is Sally and I am 121 kg in weight and class as obese. I am here to get motivation and support to help lose my weight. I have tried so many ways to lose it but it has been difficult and slow process. I am type 2 Diabetic with other complications that comes with being overweight. It has not been easy and I am not happy happy with the way I look and I need to come out of this situation. You can follow me on Twitter: Thanks for reading my profile.

11 Replies

• Hello Sally, sorry to say : You really have to work at it. When you think of big goals it is too much. Break the "Goals" down in little bits. And reward yourself with little gifts for every pound you acchieve, e.g. a rose, a tasty toothcream, a scenting soap, parfume, a lipstick, best are things you are really longing for... the diabetes makes it difficult, but speak with your GP if for example the 5:2 diet is permitted, or are you afraid of having a lack of sugar in your blood, speak with your GP. I am on medication and I am on a very slow process of "shrinking", "melting"... - I am sure you can do something about it, there are many various ways of helping yourself : Do it!

• Hi and thanks for your response.

• Hi thanks for your input and I understand everything that you wrote and I am working at it. I will also message u as u suggested whenever needed. I wasn't this size but due to me living by myself and lack of physical activity my weight piled up and its hard to lose it now. I don't like the way when people think they have to mentioned my weight whenever I am around them as if there are nothing else to talk about rather than focused on me.

But thanks, I have an appointment with the gym next week as the GP referred me there.

• Hi sally86, what do you currently eat? What is you HbA1c level?

• Its been a while I checked it and I will be due for one soon but I think its ok the last time I did it. Well if I am honesty I am not eating the right food due to lack of finance and work.

• I'm not here to judge Sally, just to try and support you :-)

Here's some general information that may be different to what you've tried previously. Keep your carbohydrate intake between 10 and 14 portions per day (1 portion = 10g carbohydrate), ideally 3 meals x 4 carb portions. Follow this link

Eat low GI carbs, reducing intake of fructose too which glycosylates haemoglobin seven times as much as glucose. Follow this link

Make up the balance of your meals with natural, additive-free, unprocessed protein (palm-size or less) and fat foods such as meat, poultry, fish, seafood, eggs, cheese, nuts, avocado, coconut, palm oil (not hydrogenated), olive oil, double cream and butter.

If you are taking medication for your diabetes be cautious; don't change your evening meal to start with. This will have a dramatic effect on your blood glucose, and if you have medication could put you at risk of hypoglycaemia in the night.

• That's fine I am currently taking metformin.

• Yup, so caution's the word as the effects will be immediate. Talk with your doctor and aim towards reducing your metformin when appropriate.

Then you'll be able to start stepping your evening meal down without risk too.

Look for the bargains, such as the half-dozen vegetables that most supermarkets now offer each week, or the cheap 'leftovers' from Christmas that can be frozen for example.

• Thanks

• This is a link that you might find useful, as an alternative to 5:2 diet.

Good luck with your weight loss.

• Thanks for the link and your input, I will read it further.

You may also like...