Just joined : I have just joined. I... - Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support

108,034 members56,310 posts

Just joined

puddingjames
puddingjames1lb

I have just joined.

I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and need to lose between 3 to 4 stone.

I have been overweight all my life.

I plan to join the weigh in tomorrow

14 Replies
oldestnewest
BridgeGirl
BridgeGirlAdministrator

Hi, here's a link to your earlier post today healthunlocked.com/weight-l...

If you have time this evening, read through the information and look at the video that moreless has given you. That will get you on the right path :)

Thank you

BridgeGirl
BridgeGirlAdministrator in reply to puddingjames

You need to click on the blue Reply immediately below my message, otherwise you will be replying to yourself :)

PandQs
PandQs3st 7lbs

You will get plenty of help and advice here on the forums on a daily basis. There is also an interesting youtube video by Dr David Unwin, a GP in Southport called "Can we beat T2 Diabetes? HOPE on the horizon"

puddingjames
puddingjames1lb in reply to PandQs

Thank you.

I have just weighed myself and will look for where I can report it in the group

PandQs
PandQs3st 7lbs in reply to puddingjames

Hi James,

If Monday is going to be the best day for you to weigh in on a regular basis then you should see a link to Monday Mass Movers now appearing in right hand column of page. Best to pick a day when you will have time to stick around and chat with others who also weigh in on the same day, then you get to know people.

healthunlocked.com/weight-l...

puddingjames
puddingjames1lb in reply to PandQs

Thank you

Well done for making a start. I would menu plan and just shop for all the food on your plan . I found if it wasn't in the cupboard I couldn't eat it and I shopped after my main meal so I wasn't hungry. The free app of Myfitnesspal is great for tracking what's in your food , calories , macros and you can easily scan in barcodes . Watch portion sizes. I used a smaller plate too . 3-4 stone is very realistic. I found the first 7lb dropped off because I ate the wrong foods and too much .It also saved me money which I put into my banks Regular Saver so I was really rewarded with over £600 at the end of the year.

Don't take this as a diet but a lifestyle choice . I don't ban any foods but the ones which I know aren't as good for me I will eat less often .

It took me over a year to lose 18kg but it actually becomes second nature to eat better food and it will really be great for your confidence. I changed jobs and I feel I got the job as I felt better at my interview .

Try and get outdoors . I found walking great as it burned off calories and kept me from eating too .

Please let us know how you are getting on .

puddingjames
puddingjames1lb in reply to focused1

Thamk you focussed1. Apologies for the delay in responding - I got caught up.

I had a slip yesterday and drank more red wine than I should have done.

I have a treadmill in my house and have started walking half an hour a day in the morning on it.

I think you are right in treating it as a lifestyle change. For me at this moment in time, I have to keep it simple otherwise I will cheat and then we know where that gets you.....

I have been keeping a diary of what I have been eating over the week no matter what so I can see if it has affected any gain or loss. At the moment I am getting used to doing this as a matter of routine.

I will weigh in tomorrow being Monday

focused1
focused115kg in reply to puddingjames

Try You Tube for exercises. I found treadmill boring after a while.

puddingjames
puddingjames1lb in reply to focused1

I hear you but I need stability. I have the TV on and watch CNN whilst walking - helps to keep my mind off the treadmill. As you can see, exercise is not something I enjoy lol!

Royal-Regime
Royal-Regime2020 November

Don’t worry, keep calm and just don’t look back now your on this journey. I believe in God(Allah) and I pray to him for strength and also I made the intention that my weight loss journey is also for God as being in better health can help me spiritually too.

moreless
morelessAdministrator in reply to Royal-Regime

Hi and welcome, Royal-Regime :)

All of the information you need about the forum can be found in Pinned Posts healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh... and I hope you'll be joining all the Events, Challenges and Clubs that we run, especially a weigh-in and the daily diary.

If you haven't already taken it, here's a tour of the forum healthunlocked.com/?tour=true

We've found active participation to be key to successful weight loss and, of course, it's a good way to get to know people, find inspiration and share support and encouragement.

Wishing you all the best :)

puddingjames
puddingjames1lb in reply to Royal-Regime

what a lovely thing to say and so true. I never thought of it that way.

You may also like...