I seem to have hit a bit of a plateau this week!

I seem to be a bit stuck at eighty-five point something kilos!

Ho hum. It's been a bit of a stressful couple of weeks and we're getting ready to move house and stuff - so I'm not too worried about it at all.

In fact, at almost the end of week 18, I am actually - over the whole (two) 12 (13) week plans - a bit ahead of the game.

I think I'll just ride it out and see what happens once the move is over.

Good luck with your weight loss efforts.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • We all have it, plateaus - and I think if we have been good it will show on the scale - eventually! Good luck! I hate moving :(

• Stress hormones promote insulin, and insulin promotes fat storage, which inhibits fat burning.

• I honestly think the body losing weight behaves a bit like a buffer as it readjusts - do you remember in science? - at certain points even you add a lot of acid to a buffer it doesn't change much, then if you keep going you get past the tipping point and on to the steep bit of the curve again - and change happens quickly - so keep going and you will lose again. This mightn't mean much to anyone who didn't do buffers ;)

You may also like...