Week Nine

So, week nine and my clothes are fitting noticeably better. I went walking at the weekend and managed to fit into some walking trousers which I have not been able to get into for some considerable time. That felt very good. I have gotten some clothes down from the loft which I can now fit into which I had put up in the loft as it was depressing me seeing them in the wardrobe and I couldn't wear them. I still have more clothes in the loft which I can't fit into just yet but will continue with my journey so that I can fit into them. I have everything from a size 12 to a size 20. Size 14 would be fine at my age and is what I am aiming for. I can now fit into my size 16s comfortably.

Its incredible how much difference the past nine weeks have made to the way I look and feel. I think my mindset was just right for this to happen as I have tried and not continued with changes to the way I eat before but this time my head was in the right place.

This site has been really helpful both to read others' experiences and to post my own - thank you to everyone who takes the time to post and comment.

My discovery this week was marshmallow wafers called Pink 'n' whites. Only 50 calories and great with a cup of tea to make me feel I am having a treat.

Keep going everyone. . . .

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wow, well done swimmingbunny, it is all about getting your head in the right place. I'm starting week 2 (again) and still feeiling really motivated. I too have clothes from a size 20 to size 12, still in my 18's but I know I will get there if I eat less and move more.

It's someones birthday ar work today and they have brought in lots of cakes and also apples, amazingly I have gone for an apple and just signed for a 10k midnight walk for our local Hospice, just hoping I can keep it up.

Good luck xx

• Enjoy the apple - you can always have some cake another time - and good luck with your training for the midnight walk - I always think it feels better when you are out exercising to think 'I'm in training for ..... whatever event' as this helps get you up and out

xx

• Hi swimmingbunny,

Well done!

"It's incredible how much difference" - but you have to do it to really understand that.

I honestly feel like I'm now walking around in a different body to the one I was in back in January. I can't really do justice in words to the difference it makes.

Good luck with your ongoing journey.

• Thanks Doikosp - I know you are doing well too and feeling so much better definitely keeps you going.

You may also like...