He's here!

Well, after all that waiting around Joshua Nathan decided he wasn't going to hang around any longer.

To cut a not so long story short, I started to have some slightly painful contractions at around 6pm yesterday evening, went to bed around 10:45pm with them and woke up with more painful contractions 3 minutes apart at around 1am to find that I had my show.

We left for the birthing centre at around 2am by taxi and 5 mins before arrival my waters broke. Fortunately I was wearing a pad and sitting on a towel so no harm done. I was assessed at 2:40 ish & was 3cm dilated. I got into the birthing pool and used gas and air for strongish contractions. Less than and hour later the contractions were almost unbearable and I needed to push! My little boy was born at 3:45am which shocked us all!!

He weighed 7lb 11oz which is far bigger than his big sisters. We're now at home settling down for our first night together after only about 1.5 hours fitful sleeping on my part.

What a day :-)

24 Replies

• Congratulations Hun... Xx

• Congratulations xxx

• Wow all sounds like it went smoothly couldn't ask for a better birth... big congrats xx

• Congratulations! Totally worth the wait I'm sure :-) welcome to the world Joshua Nathan x

• Congratz hun

• Ah what a lovely birth story, sounds perfect! Congratulations on your new addition x

• CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your son, sounds like a great birth :-)

Welcome to the Boys Club Joshua

Enjoy him xx

• Congratulations hun!!! Enjoy your little boy xx

• Congratulations!

• Congratulation!

• Yay! Congratulations hun x enjoy every moment xx

• Well done u congratulations x

• Congratulations :) x

• Aw!! Congrats x

• Congratulations :-) x

• Congratulations x

• At last :D congratulations xxxx

• Wow! That sounds like it went brilliantly! Well done you & congrats! :)

• Fantastic news! Congratulations x

• congrats hun, sounds like it went absolutely well.

• Thanks be to God and a big congratulations :-D

• Congrats and happy for you d

• Woah congratulations Hunni massive well done to you on the birth of Joshua x

• Thanks everyone. I can't believe it's been 4 days already. Will have to go onto a computer to upload pictures as my phone won't cooperate. Feeling absolutely shattered as he won't sleep in his cot and feeds on average every 2-3 hours day and night but at least I know I can get through it as my two girls prove. They grow up far too fast so it's important to enjoy each stage no matter how trying it seems at the time :-)

You may also like...