What do you expect from your DMT? - My MSAA Community

My MSAA Community
5,764 members โ€ข 13,439 posts

What do you expect from your DMT?

Jesmcd2
Jesmcd2CommunityAmbassador
โ€ข19 Replies

Good Morning Everyone!!๐ŸŒž How are you today? On a scale of 1 to a hundred... ๐Ÿ˜‚

In all seriousness, What Do you expect from your disease-modifying treatment? What has YOUR NEURO told you to expect?

And if you care to share, which DMT are you on?

Much Love ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’•

Jes๐Ÿฆˆ

19 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest
Hidden
Hidden

I am at about an 87-93 most days.

I expect a miracle.;)

When my neuro prescribed Copaxone, she it could "possibly" slow the progression by lowering the amount of relapses.

My experiment with that drug didn't last too long as my reaction to it was...

Hidden
Hidden

I have been on seven different DMTโ€™s over twenty four years and currently on Aubagio the last two years ๐Ÿ‘. I never expected improvement just the slowing down of the ms and of course the relapse is a big thing ๐Ÿ‘. I know that the DMTS have done...

Hidden
Hidden

Good morning! Iโ€™m not freezing to death, was able to eat two small breakfasts today, and clean up some without getting too dizzy, so Iโ€™m a lot better than yesterday! ๐ŸŽ‰ How are you?

I was on Copaxone for a while and then Ocrevus. I was given...

Hidden
Hidden

Jes,

I've been on most DMT'S in the past. I experienced 3 exacerbations a year. Each time I was past on to the next med because of exacerbation frequency.

My expectation is to have one or less exacerbations a year.

I have been upgraded to...

Hidden
Hidden

Iโ€™ve had my second half of OCREVUS on April 14 I did better on Avonex I seem to be having issues I had before I started Avonex some 15 + years ago. I see my neurologist in the middle of July and Iโ€™m going to ask her if I can go back to Avonex. Iโ€™m...

Hidden
Hidden

Hi there: I have been on Tysabri for over three years now. My MRI is showing no new lesions, but I feel like I'm getting worse. My Dr. told me it is supposed to stop the progression of it, which it has, but only on the MRI. I guess I was...

Hidden
Hidden

Hi honey xxxx my DMT is Tysabri itโ€™s doing itโ€™s job just not in my symptoms.....I wish it did but never mind as long as itโ€™s sorting out progression and new lesions. Hope the big O is helping u xxxxxxx โค๏ธ

Hidden
Hidden

I did two rounds of Lemtrada and I expect no new lesions or physical impacts/impairment and no progression from RRMS to SPMS. I don't remember what the Neuro said to expect.

50 years a few lesions got a back ache and I was told I had MS.10 years of Copaxone, no change in MRI but I can not walk. 2 year of no DMT, no change in MRI still can not walk. Did Copaxone do anything? How do you prove a negative?

Yours is a rational conclusion.

I started on avonex and did not react well to it. After 8 months I was switched to Tecfidera. I'm doing much better on that. I was told for both, the best I could hope for was to slow down the rate of progression. I'm expecting for it to stop. Most days I'm ok. Some days I struggle to just stay awake.

Jesmcd2
Jesmcd2CommunityAmbassador in reply to Peruzzot

The dreaded fatigue!๐Ÿ˜ด Oh how I hated that sooo much!!! I had no clue about that until I came here Peruzzot . Royjr told me about Modnifili!! It's been my life saver! ๐ŸŒž Talk to your PCP about it? ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’•

๐Ÿฆˆ

Peruzzot
Peruzzot in reply to Jesmcd2

I'll have to look into that. Caffeine only goes so far.

J๐Ÿ’—, I am not good w/any of the DMT's๐Ÿ’‰๐Ÿ’Š, so I have been doing w/IFWt the Candida diet cleanse for 6 mos. Now & I must say I feel more stable, my balance is back, no more drunken feelings, I absolutley L๐ŸŒˆVe this diet!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Almost feeling reversed here. I highly recommend no DMT's๐Ÿ’‰๐Ÿ’Š& get our guts cleansed. "Healing Multiple Sclerosis", ebook kindle by Ann Boroch, Through my own & 1,000's of others doing this experiences, bee-very aware of that scary tysabri, already 20 people w/ dx of JCVirus have died of PML๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜€๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿถ

L๐Ÿ’—VE YA'all

Jesmcd2
Jesmcd2CommunityAmbassador in reply to Jazzihorsecat

Love you too Jazzihorsecat !!๐ŸŒน๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿฆˆ

Idk but Iโ€™ve lost so much hair from Ocrevus which I was not warned about. I expect my dmt to slow down my progression. I will ask my neurologist to put me back on Avonex ASAP because it made me have less exasperation and no hair loss I canโ€™t believe how my hair Iโ€™m falling out Iโ€™m embarrassed ๐Ÿ˜ž

Jesmcd2
Jesmcd2CommunityAmbassador in reply to Horse714

I have Alot of hair, I can share!๐ŸŒž Horse714 I hope things work out better for you! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŽ๐Ÿฆˆ

Horse714
Horse714 in reply to Jesmcd2

Thank you, youโ€™re are to kind!!!๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿฅฐ

First was Tecfidera which made my white blood count drop like a stone. Then Copaxone which I (thankfully) had a reaction to (hate shots). I have been on Aubagio for several years which does NOT bother me (yeah!) and I've been holding steady. So I guess that's what I expect from it...to hold me steady.

You may also like...