Just for fun: what do you call your MS? ... - My MSAA Community

My MSAA Community

5,884 members13,957 posts

Just for fun: what do you call your MS? She? He? It? Did you give it a nickname?

anaishunter
anaishunter

Just for fun... I've read many posts and many of us refer to our MS with a specific word. I personally tend to personalize many things. My Roomba is Felix and My MS is the Passenger. What do you call yours?

She, it, he?

The MonSter

The Witch, the B***h

The Thing

What else?

33 Replies
oldestnewest

She or it.

I also refer to it as my confused immune system. I jokingly will say “don’t wanna wake the MS dragon”. I have some pretty strong feelings against constant negative thinking/speaking/labeling about something that is constantly negative, but that’s just me!

carolek572
carolek572CommunityAmbassador

When I write about it, I refer to it as 'ms', putting it in lower caps, and quotations around it ~ not give it importance, and to 'contain' it, or hinder it.

kdali
kdali in reply to carolek572

I like that!

I don’t have a name for it. But I will say “It” a lot. Or sometimes I’ll just say “damm it get it together “ so I guess that can be it’s name as well

monsterrorist,👿😈😡 is what I call It LOL!! 😀😃😄😍 Cuz it terrorizes us in pain, emotions & the like!👎 😛😝😜Love Ya!💗❤💚💙💛---Jazzy🌹💜

Love that one!

The devil

But the devil whispered in my ear you can’t withstand the storm and I whispered in the devil’s ear, I am the storm 👊

I call it "shit" lol if I'm talking about it towards myself I just say "My MS" because we are all different and the "shit" hits everyone of us differently. 👍❤🌷

carolek572
carolek572CommunityAmbassador in reply to RoseySawyer

RoseySawyer , I am with you ~ just don't stand in front of the fan! :-D

👍😂❤🌷

My initials are MS so it's only reasonable that this MS is ME. Yes, M. y S. ymptoms. Yep, I have wrinkles, a large nose, a flat booty, a strange gait,..It's all a part of the new and reinvented me. I don't hide, contain, embrace etc. It's just me. Besides, when I trip and fall I call it "making new friends" as I grab on to people and bring them with me

carolek572
carolek572CommunityAmbassador in reply to deedeedah

Hey deedeedah

I love your attitude! Looking at you will probably be like looking in the mirror! Plus, you have given me a new meaning to 'falling' for you! :-D

Keep Smiling and Stay Strong,

Carole :-D

Sukie427
Sukie427 in reply to deedeedah

I will have to try that because I fall all the time, even with my walker! How many friends can you make in a pile-up?

greaterexp
greaterexpCommunityAmbassador in reply to deedeedah

That’s a terrific way to deal with it!

I call it “it”. That’s all the credit I’ll give to the monster.😛

Donnie

I call it "My Challenge"

Leslie

I've never given it name but often I'll say MS although I have enjoyed some of the names I've heard for it on here. Monster, terrorist, beast, I forget some of the others I've seen.

I call it Eileen, i lean left, i lean right . Eileen all the time.

I call mine the ELF. Since I am assuming that this is a family-friendly site, I will leave it to all of you to figure out what that stands for!

Rejara
Rejara in reply to Sukie427

I am really curious and my brain could not puzzle it out. Can you please message me it's meaning?

Dark Passenger...like Dexter.

anaishunter
anaishunter in reply to Rejara

lol. Dexter is a good name for it.

RoseySawyer
RoseySawyer in reply to Rejara

I love the name!!! 😂😉❤🌷

I TRY NOT O SAY HIS NAME THAT MUCH IT IS A NEGATIVE THOUGHT. BUT WHEN I DO I CALL IT F#@%!N SNAKE , THAT IS BECAUSE I HATE SNAKE AND I SCARED OF IT

The "thing" or "m.s. thing".

MONSTER.....

I never thought of giving it a name. It's just a thing that's there, and it's MS. But I like this creative idea. Maybe it helps give it personality or identity that we feel we can fight or overcome.-Instead of a vague invisible indescribable thing that is in us and making us miserable.....

I just call IT MS or IT depending on where I use IT on a sentence. I don't give IT any special name cuz IT doesn't deserve a name, IT isn't special.

I call my MS my boyfriend 😭😭. My husband says, some boyfriend.😭🤗

greaterexp
greaterexpCommunityAmbassador in reply to redman44

😂

redman44
redman44 in reply to greaterexp

I😭😭. I had to find humor in this. I know it can be challenging but I have had ALOT OF GOOD DAYS !!!! Me and my MS AKA Boyfriend getting along good now that I've accepted him.😭😭

Hidden
Hidden

When I have an attack with m.s. we call it disaster bastard instead of exacerbation such a medical term

Dammit!

You may also like...