As we've had a stretch of almost two weeks of temperatures over 100-105 degrees. Yesterday and today, we are receiving temps under 100 because the sun's hot rays are diffused by smoke in the air by so many fires burning in California at this time(SAD.) So back to the point of this post, we here are blessed by MSAA. They offer a Cooling Products Distribution program that is free to reduced pricing for our members at: mymsaa.org/msaa-help/coolin... Thank you so much for my cooling vest MSAA!
So how do you keep cool? Here are a few of my little tricks I've learned along the way. I've always been heat sensitive because of Arthritis meds anyway. We live in an older home and have ceiling fans in the living room and all 3 bedrooms. I have smaller fans in the kitchen and living room to circulate the cooler air around the house. I guess that would be my cooling hint #1, but I'll just call it a suggestion.
1. A spray bottle of water. When walking or in the car, I frequently spray around my neck and upper back. I don't care at this point what others think.
2. I try to wear 100% cotton clothing, loose fitting for air flow.
3. Of course, in our 100 degree temps, I stay inside except for early mornings and early evenings when I putter around in my 4'X4' Victory Garden. My spray bottle is my constant companion. I keep 1 on my nightstand, 1 in the bathroom, 1 near the backdoor for when I go shopping or to the back yard.
4. Giving credit greaterexp for this one: healthunlocked.com/mymsaa/p...
She published a suggestion about these cooling neck wraps just this week. I actually have one put away with my cycling gear and must dig it out. Her post also includes this link: littlebirdiesecrets.blogspo... So those that sew may want to consider making a few. I know I'm going to find my cotton material and buy some of those crystals and get busy making a few.
5. Go to the gym pool, a friend's pool or a cool river or lake to wade in..
OK Fellow MS'ers, what to you do to cool off in this hot summer? Kudos to those of you that have pools! Just waiting for and MS Pool Party Invite! Lynn