My MSAA Community
3,507 members6,726 posts

(Ocrevus) Infusion Day!!!! Thank my good Lord above!!!

I hope everyone is doing well today.

Sitting here thinking of how I'm so bored, also about how lucky I am. Don't have to do this but every 6 months. I'm really blessed because I could havea different disease that could take me out so much quicker. For that I am definitely blessed. God is on my side!!!

Have a great day my new friends!! Take care!!!

32 Replies
oldestnewest

Good luck today with infusion 👍. Prayers are with you 🙏. 😉🐾 Ken

6 likes

Thank you so very much!! So far so good!!

3 likes

I'm tickled pink for you! Will you let us know how it goes? You're in my prayers!

7 likes

Thank you so very much!! I appreciate y'all!! I will let ya know. I sure hope I don't forget!! Have a great day!

6 likes

Please don't expect me to remind you! Have a great day, yourself!

5 likes

That's funny! I wont. Promise!! 😂

2 likes

Prayers going up, blessings coming down, Jimeka 🦋

3 likes

Awe thank you!! Almost done!! Yeah!!!

2 likes

Is this your first 1/2 dose?

2 likes

No. This was my 3rd go around.

1 like

Have you had any infusion reactions or noticed anything difference in symptoms since starting?

I hope to have my 1st infusion soon.

3 likes

I've had no reactions with any of the infusions. All went well.

They start ya off with 2 Tylenol and 2 benadryls.

They give you steroids intreveniously first, last for 30 minutes. Then they start the Ocrevus. Mine lasts 5/12 to 6 hours.

All has gone well so far. No problems.

No problems or changes in symptoms either.

Good luck to you. Best wishes.

1 like

What did you pack to bring with you?!

2 likes

I'm so sorry. I've done something wrong here. My reply to you is below.

Hope ya get it. Bad with technology. Please forgive me.

1 like

😂😂😂 easy to do!

I only packed a couple of snacks and took my own drink. Headsets definitely for me. Music for me instead of watching TV.

They will put a pillow for your head and blanket if ya want or need one. So I didn't need to bring that stuff.

You may take whatever you may need. That would be up to you.

I only took my phone, snacks, and drink.

Good luck with everything. I hope all works out for you. Keep us informed. Thanks.

I hope I've been some help.

Kelly

2 likes

I'd love to take my husband and some board games, but I don't think there will be room for all that 😂 Thank you, it is helpful!

2 likes

take him with you and the board games. Should be plenty of room. The board game may be hard to do but there is usually room for some one to visit with you. You can ask your questions before you go.

1 like

Card games might work 😁 Ty!

1 like

Wow! Hope it all goes well for u, im in the UK and Ocrevus is going to be allowed here in the UK just read the news. I'm having my 5th infusion of Tysabri on Friday xxx

1 like

Happy to hear you're getting infusion Friday. Good luck to you. How has the Tsabri been for you?

Ocrevus is good . It's just not lasting for the full 6 months.

I wish the best for you. Take care .

Hello, I hope your infusion goes smoothly. May I ask what you mean by “not lasting the full 6 months”? Just wondered what’s happening during the time leading up to your next infusion? Kellyj44

1 like

Yes , curious about this also

Hi. Sorry I didn't make myself clear. Have trouble with that most if the time.

About 3-4 weeks I'm able to get the next infusion I notice my body start to act up. Muscles get weaker, leg and upper body seem to want to shake. I have absolutely no energy to do much of nothing.

That's what I meant when I said it doesn't seem to last full 6 months.

Have a good day. Take care.

1 like

Had a neurologist who refused to prescibe Ocrevus, so I found one

who would! Couldn't be happier with results😊

my local neuro didn't seem too happy about my ms neuro prescribing ocrevus, (maybe because I will be locals first patient here on it) he questioned why not rituximab.

Glad to hear it is working well for you.

I read somewhere in blogs that rituximab is the same as Ocrevus but costs less. I don’t know more about it.

So happy for you!! That's great!!

Kellyj44: Praying Ocrevus helps you!! Keep the faith. God Bless 🙏

1 like

Thank you. Prayers are always welcomed and they work! AMEN!!!

Kellyj44 How are you feeling since the infusion? Please keep us posted. So many times others are wondering how each of us may feel after infusion. Blessings, Lynn

I'm feeling better. I m so thankful for the medicine. I will continue to feel better as long as I quit pushing myself. I have a bad habit of that.

Everything went smoothly and is going well.

Thanks for asking. Have a wonderful and blessed day. Take care.

You may also like...