Introducing myself

Introducing myself

Hi! Having MS has frustrated me, limited me, knocked me down for a bit, and eventually released me from fears I had that kept me from doing certain things and from becoming someone I want to be.

Since being diagnosed with MS in 2008, things I have done for the first time include: yoga, trapeze, traveling abroad, ending a long term marriage, running for and being elected to public office, walking a marathon, and writing.

My MS is invisible, but it affects me greatly and I put a lot of effort into managing fatigue and other symptoms. I find sharing our experiences to be among the best coping methods for living well with MS. Listening to others living with MS always teaches me something new that helps my perspective.

I write in my blog, "Keep Doing What You're Doing," at, and MSAA shares my posts sometimes.

4 Replies

• Hi sprada

I sincerely hope that you are feeling as well as you possibly can be today? And it is wonderful to make your acquaintance.

I am so genuinely sorry to read of your MS and I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck, and please take care of yourself.

All my hopes and dreams for you

• Hello sprada, wonderful to meet you. I am also new here. But I am not new to communities like this and I have a blog ( where I share everything. I see that you have to deal with fatigue and I have to say that is the second worse for me a close second behind leg pain. People just don't understand the level of fatigue that most of us deal with.

So it is nice to meet a kindred spirit of sorts. I have just started yoga myself and try to stay as active as possible but it is a challenge most days.

Have a wonderful day and I hope that you are feeling well.

• Thank you for introducing yourself, Jim! I'm looking forward to reading your blog and seeing another perspective on living with MS. I read a couple of your posts and like how you take what's in the news and apply it.

Take care!

• Kudos!! Keep fighting the good fight!! Amen!

You may also like...