SKIN INFECTION DUE TO INSECT BITE

SKIN INFECTION DUE TO INSECT BITE

Hello,I have been battling with a skin infection for like 4years now.It started with an insect bite.I started scratching because it resulted into severe itching and subsequently it started to spread.I have seen a dermatologist,doctor and few pharmacist but the cream,ointment nd drugs haven't given me the desired treatment I need.Anyone with any useful information or advice or how it can be treated fast?

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oh my lord I don't understand why you have not been admitted to hospital and treated with IV antibiotics with your leg like this. I would suggest the follow up treatment would be, amongst other things, prophylactic antibiotic supply if the infection re-appears. I would get back to your GP about this.

• Thanks

• I have seen a dermatologist who just prescribed diprosalic to apply for 2 weeks and then come to see her.I don't know wat she is going to say next.

• Hopefully that will begin to tackle the problem for you.

• Is that necrotic tissue? It looks quite black in the photo.

I would pay privately to see an expert dermatologist because 4 years is a long time to have something that serious, you don't want to lose your foot.

• Dont know but insect bit me,I scratched cos it was itching and it became dark with time.The ones on my hards are gone but the leg region didn't heal

• Well if it was me, I would spend some money and see a private dermatologist who is an expert. That looks like a serious skin problem.

Try and get an actual diagnosis rather than letting them guess and experiment with drugs that aren't working.

• Well,I have seen a good dermatologist and she is already on my case

• They said she is good but lets see the outcome of her diagnosis and prescriptions.

• L

You may also like...