MY SKIN
5,108 members1,253 posts

Penis skin thinning due to over use of steroids creams

I had eczema on my penis about 1 year ago. My doctor gave me steroid creams.I used steroid cream for 4 to 5 months.Now balanitis are cured but my penis shaft skin under the head is very thin it's colour has changed and I can see the nerves clearly. I cacnot wear underwear can't have sex .doctor did not tell me about the side of the steroid cream.plz tell me my penis skin can be thicker as it was earlier or it will be like this permanent.I used man 1 man oil but it didn't help

6 Replies
oldestnewest

This is the wrong part of healthunlocked for general medical purposes, this is for running not general medical conditions

You are on the right forum, My Skin. I am sorry you have had a problem with penile eczema. Your GP should have cautioned you about skin thinning on such a sensitive area, and made some suggestions about how to limit the effect of the corticosteroid treatment.

Lovesradio thanks for the reply. Is this thinned skin is forever or it will repair with the time .I feel so desperate .it's been one year but still no progress

If you are in the UK can I suggest that you contact the National Eczema Society Helpline. I am unsure if the skin cells repair in time but they will be able to answer, or put you in contact with someone who can. The number will be on their website nes.org.uk

Regrettably GPs are not noted for their expertise in skin conditions.

1 like

Glad you put the post on regarding skin complaint as this affects so many people who are afraid to speak up hope you get it sorted ask your pharmacy or GP if there is anything else you can try and please gives us an update when things get better as we all like to hear good news

1 like

Oh dear this sounds v. Upsetting. I think you need to see a different doctor and ask advice.

Fingers crossed for you

P

1 like

You may also like...