Does the brand of tablet affect the side-effects?

I had an operation for breast cancer in 2014. Since then I've been prescribed Anastrozole. On the Breast Cancer site some women have said that they find they experience more side-effects with certain brands of tablet even though the content is the same (the 'dodgy' brands vary from person to person).

I was just wondering whether this has been experienced by anyone taking Hydrox-Carbamide/Hydrea?

I started off being prescribed Medac brand for two months, but have now been on Squibb for two months. It is only recently that I've become unsteady on my feet so I was wondering whether the change of brand could have been the trigger.

ET JAK2+

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sounds very unusual. (Speaking as a staff nurse) Ask your pharmacist before dispensing your prescription if the have the brand you are used to if not then can they get it in for you ?

Best wishes lainy xx

• Thanks I will do. The prescription is for 100 at a time so there is a while to go before I run out.

• I'm sure if you phone your Dr and explain the situation they won't mind giving you another prescription. It's your health and your in charge. If it's affecting you in a bad way they need to do something about it. Hope you feel better soon xx

• Hi, I don't know about Hydroxy but with some drugs there's a big difference. I just read about a drug (I think it was for epilepsy) where one of the generic versions was causing people to have seizures. And with one or two of my medications I have to take the name brand. All generics are classified into groups by a number which represents how close, or identical, they are to the name brand. Hope this helps. Good luck. Katie

You may also like...