Hi there fellow eventers!
At the moment in the UK the Government is allowing people to run outside once a day, provided we minimise the time spent outside, keep 2 metres apart from other people, and run alone or with one other member of our household.
If you had previously registered for a running event in April, you might be able to sign up to run it virtually - possibly even receive a real medal for it! But whether or not you can do that, we would love to hear about any virtual events you have planned in the comments below - we will do our very best to put out a pom pom cheer for you!!! We can also award you a virtual badge to celebrate the occasion 😊😊😊
We thought it would be fun to make some temporary special badges to commemorate our virtual races at this difficult time. So I would like to introduce...
🏅 Virtual 5K, Virtual 10K, Virtual 10 Miles, Virtual HM, and Virtual Marathon!!!!
Let us know your planned date either here or on our monthly pinned events post.
★ Please note CAREFULLY the following suggestions for running a virtual race:
- Be sensible. Depending upon your location it may not be safe nor fair on others for you to be spending hours outside at the moment. Consider chunking up your race over a number of days.
- Keep at least 2 metres away from other people
- Run alone or with one person who lives with you
- Record your runs, obviously 😄
- Celebrate when you have completed the distance! 😊😊😊
★ Check out our COVID-19 guidelines here:
The Marathon Team xxx
Sun, October 4th Linda9389, GTFC, CandyCool London Marathon
Sat, October 10th Decker, 50K solo, supported by friends!
Sun, November 1st SueKen, Coventry Half Marathon