Second HM - big improvement in time - Marathon Running ...

Marathon Running and Race Support

1,888 members4,754 posts

Second HM - big improvement in time

Jay66UK
Jay66UKHalf Marathon

Second HM run. 2:31:33 this time, compared to 2:50:10 first time on same route. Was trying for 2:30:00 and only missed by 180 meters.

Very hard run - that improvement is down to 6 inches, the one between my ears, having confidence I could bring it home having done it once slowly. I’m going to struggle to match that time I think.

My aim now is to do one of these a month along with a 10 mile and a couple of 10ks.

26 Replies
oldestnewest

Fantastic Jay. An achievement to be proud of for sure!

Katnap
KatnapHUHM v10Mile

That's awesome Jay. It's about the pace I want to do it at, my first HM being 2h45m.

😸 Katnap 😸

Jay66UK
Jay66UKHalf Marathon in reply to Katnap

I always find my first go is cautious. I reckon you are much faster/fitter than me and would smash 2:30:00 if you paced it well. I’ve got a wristband with the elapsed time for each k on it and that really helped.

Katnap
KatnapHUHM v10Mile in reply to Jay66UK

Good idea 😁

HoagyM
HoagyMHalf Marathon

Truly awesome Jay - one of my running goals this year is 2h 30m for a HM (2h 40m is my best to date), and you're already within a whisker of that. Great stuff!

Jay66UK
Jay66UKHalf Marathon in reply to HoagyM

I can’t seem to go much faster at shorter distances (you completely whoop me!) but, somehow, I seem to be able to sustain my pace over distance 🤷‍♂️

linda9389
linda9389Moderator

Fantastic jump in time! I bet you'll hit the 2:30 sooner than you think, but in the meantime enjoy the glow of pride from today's record breaking run :)

cheekychipmunks
cheekychipmunksHUHM v10Mile

Jay, you’re smokin’ 🏃🏃🏃 Really well done. 👏👏👏

UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreHalf Marathon

Wow... 2 HMs within a year of C25K graduation... that’s awesome! Congratulations on the new PB... from what I’ve read it takes us a few years to reach our max fitness, so I’d think you’ll get that 2:30:00 at some point.

SaskAlliecat
SaskAlliecatHalf Marathon

Great job Jay! You've got a great plan and should be able to accomplish your goal before long.

misswobble
misswobbleMarathon

Well done! You might well beat that time. Never say never. Keep on training and you probably will. It's an incentive to enter another one!

I hope you feel ok now!

You are awesome Jay, great improvement and fantastic pacing 👍👍

O505k
O505kHUHM v10Mile

Well done. Great to have done the distance twice.

Crawlhome
CrawlhomeHalf Marathon

That's absolutely amazing Jay, what a huge improvement 😊

Decker
DeckerModerator

Fantastic progress Jay!

David_G
David_GHUHM v10Mile

Well done Jay, another fantastic run! 🏃‍♂️👍 Once I’ve done the Vitality London 10K in a couple of weeks I’ll be aiming to up my distance again and beat my HM time too.🤞 Great work mate 👏👏👏

Tasha99
Tasha99Marathon

Wow Jay! Your progress is astonishing!

Amazing, what an improvement. Well done!

Amazing Jay! Congratulations

Agelesslass
AgelesslassMetric Marathon

Amazing run Jay, you’ve come on in leaps and bounds, well done 👍

Woohoo! Go Jay!! 👏👏👏

Whatsapp
WhatsappHalf Marathon

Well done Jay. If you are going to be running these regularly then your time will come down. Consistency is the key. As your body gets used to the distance you wil make gains.

roseabi
roseabiAdministrator

This is amazing work - well done Jay!!!!!

Jay66UK
Jay66UKHalf Marathon in reply to roseabi

Thanks, roseabi - I’m still surprised I can run this far at all 🤷‍♂️

Woohoo. What happened to I want to be able to run 10 miles. Fantastically, mega well done you.

Jay66UK
Jay66UKHalf Marathon in reply to Runningroni

It was a gateway drug 🤣

You may also like...