Marathon Running and Race Support

London Marathon 2018: shopping list!

Just a 14 miler to do tomorrow to complete Week 1 of my 13 week plan and I need a few things (not for the 14 miler of course) .... bu the weeks ahead

- 2 news pairs of shoes (current ones have 800km on the clock)

- nipple tape (my half-marathon - owww)

- running belt

- some new technical t-shirts

- some more socks

- er...

- ... that's it for the moment (I think).

Blimey - this is really happening isn't it?

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Not doing fancy dress then? :)

1 like

Absolutely NOT! :-)

1 like

Nipple tape? you could just use plasters or I use body glide there and some other places :) or i have been told a compression t-shirt helps stop the rubbing too.

As for running belts, my SPI run works great (if i could find it) but it depends if you need to hold water. For my longer runs, i take a hydration backpack i use one from decathlon works well for me, it has two front pockets which is great one for the phone and the other for gels. Then water in the back.

1 like

No jelly babies? I find them really helpful on my long runs.

2 likes

When my mother-in-law asked me what I wanted for Christmas I said Jelly Babies :D

1 like

More socks.. That reminds me of when I last had a tidy up of the drawer where all my running clothes are- I had 25 pairs of running socks 😂

2 likes

Not being personal, but do you have decent underwear to keep you comfortable? :D

1 like

Commando darling, commando.

1 like

Whatever works for you!

1 like

So exciting.... add bodyglide on that list if you haven’t already. It think it works better than strapping up nipples....

1 like

You may also like...