Marathon Running and Race Support

7.5mi Run Tomorrow

7.5mi Run Tomorrow

So with my half marathon training is going well, I am getting to the point that every long run is the longest distance I have ever ran before.

On long runs I have porridge with some nuts and raisins to start me off but now I'm at the point where I will have to carry a drink and food. I wonder if I can get them to follow me and use as a pacer!

In to the unknown but looking forward to it.

11 Replies
oldestnewest

You won't need much, if anything. Take a drink. 300ml bottle sorta thing 🙂

Just a small snack. Almonds are good. Coconut based drink or snack 🙂

I took 2 Lidl pistachio bites on my recent 17kms and half a Zero tablet in my water bottle

Have fun 😃💪✔️

1 like

I love that unknown bit, such an adventure! Glad you're enjoying it.

Great photo, made me smile. A Deliveroo whizzed past me when I was out on my bike the other day - he wasn't even carrying a delivery, curses curses #slowAbi :)

1 like

Dean Karnazes, ultra marathoner , used to order pizzas while on his long runs. 📞Meet me on the corner of Heartattack and Vine 📞 😋

He has modified his eating habits since and there's lots on the internet about what he fuelled with

1 like

Love it, I think the Ultramarathon Man is my favourite running book :)

Do you listen to Tom Waits on your runs, Miss W??

I was given that book by a lady at my WW class. Great read 🙂

I do run to some Tom W. some of his stuff is weird but there are some standout ones. Downtain train and Heart of Saturday night are on my playlist , off the top of my head.

1 like

I like that Starving in the Belly of a Whale :)

Exciting territory.... good luck with the run :)

1 like

I have heard of people driving out and hiding a secret stash of fluids and snacks on their route.

I bought a cheap own-brand hydration backpack, good for long runs on warm days. As long as your bladder and mind control can cope with the constant sound of sloshing water.

3 likes

My runs are going to be getting in the plus 20k's now so I am planning my routes so I can come back to my house for a loo stop and to more water etc

1 like

Excellent idea!

I put dried figs, dates and apricots in my pocket. To dispel any budding myths about being virtuous or healthy, that's only because you can't buy Jelly Babies in France.

2 likes

You may also like...