Need help🙏

Hi every one i just want to ask who among here experience head ache ? Due to lupus ? most of the time my half side head (left) gives me a bad days🙁 it hurts a lot.. My doctor prescribed meds for migraine but i don't think it still work for me now.. if u could suggest any, that would be a big help.. im just hoping it will be available here in my country (Philippines)

Im really tired having this pain in half of my head almost everyday 😭😩

#tiredandlost🙁

Skip

Featured Content

Clinical Trial Myths | New email series

HealthUnlocked have put together an 8-week email series debunking common myths about clinical trials.

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi I think if you look at past posts it's been talked about and it may be us full to you ,I get headache quite a lot but I get a very intense pain but thankfully it only lasts minutes although when I take methatrexate I get one for a couple of hours its not fun I have not been prescribed pain killers as I already take Meds for ctd/lupus but they bo nothing for the headache,I normally get tennitus just befor the headache hope you get some relief soon

• Thank you Ianrussell69

😊

• Hi there, I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so unwell. I have lupus and hemiplegic migraines, which means I have left-sided head pain everyday. I really don't know how they are connected, I haven't heard of too many people with both. It's tricky with medications for both - and very little works for the migraines, apart from epilim, which has recently been reducing the severity of the attacks (I also get left-sided weakness with the migraines, shaking and jerking and problems remembering words, and that's what the epilim has helped mostly). I hope you can get some care. Kind wishes...

• Hi 021879,

Headaches are common in lupus. They may be a part of the lupus itself or may be associated with a clotting (antiphospholipid) syndrome. They may or may not have a migrainous element with flashing lights and visual disturbances. In any patient with lupus who suffers from headaches a systematic search for known causes should be carried out including blood pressure checking and, very important, an examination of the blood for antiphospholipid antibodies ('sticky blood') and ultimately, if indicated, a brain scan.

You may also like...