Bandaging results: I have completed 3 weeks of bandaging... - LSN

LSN
4,228 members2,022 posts

Bandaging results

I have completed 3 weeks of bandaging and have been measured for my new leg garments! I am extremely happy with the results- 938 mls of volume, a 10 % reduction . I have also been on a weight reduction program at the same time so I’m sure that has also contributed to my good results. I am supposed to stay bandaged until my new garments arrive, but I have gone on a few bike rides wearing my old compression garments, the beautiful weather makes it to hard to resist! Bandaging has not been easy,but so worth it for me.

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Congrats on completing the three weeks! Leg looking good!

How do they measure the volume lost? I think 938 mls is almost two pints?

That must feel so much better,so pleased for you,thks for photo! x

Thanks Stella, I am so impatient for my garments to come in! The therapist takes circumference measurments at 20 points from toe to groin and a computer program calculates the volume of the leg. I had severe sticker shock when they gave me the cost estimate for my garments - $2253.00. The solaris tribute night garment is $1550.00 ! I'm not buying it this year - I have a jobst relax that's made to my old measurements, I think I'll just wrap bandages over it and use that for now.

1 like

Oh my god, that's horrendous. Do you have any sources of support to get help with funding the cost?

I work for a hospital in Connecticut and my insurance has a $5000. deductible.The healthcare system in the U.S. is broken (:

1 like

Whereabouts in the US do you live what state is it

I live in Connecticut.

I do have insurance through my employer, and I pay a decent amount in premiums every month. Unfortunately, my hospital has chosen a cheap plan. I wouldn’t complain if I didn’t have insurance ,but I do and I still have to bear such a high cost. I feel that the healthcare in the United States is so unfair- the same drug or service can cost 2 different patients 2 very different amounts. I am purchasing two sets of garments, but am not buying the night garment right now

I have some old stocking and now I feel awful about throwing them out and there's people like you who don't have any it is awful are your insurance people work

I will buy some new garments, not just everything that I wanted to. I have other bills to pay too!

You may also like...