I have gathered some information about LCHF food items and furnish hereunder a list at a glance for the benefit of those who are new to LCHF and wanted to know and switch over to LCHF diet.
EAT NATURAL FOODS & AVOID PROCESSED FOODS.
EAT ALL YOU LIKE ...
• Meat – beef, lamb, pork, chicken
(preferably pasture fed not grain
• Fish esp cold water fish (salmon, sardines)
• Vegetables that grow above ground – incl all cabbage (cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage and Brussels sprouts). asparagus, zucchini, eggplant, olives, spinach, mushrooms, cucumber, lettuce, avocado, onions, peppers, tomatoes
• Berries – strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries
Dairy – full fat milk, cream, butter, cheese, Greek yoghurt
Drinks – water, coffee, green tea, beef broth
Nuts – almonds, walnuts, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, macadamia
Cook with ....
• Olive oil
• Coconut oil
• Sugar - soft drinks, candy, juice, sports drinks, chocolate, cakes, buns, pastries, ice cream
• Breakfast cereals
• Bread and related products
(biscuits, crumpets, muffins,
cakes) • Rice
• Potatoes and other starchy vegetables
• Beans and legumes
• Most fruit (exc berries) • Fruit juices
• Flavoured yoghurts
Don’t cook with ....
• Vegetable oil
• Seed oils (canola, sunflower,
safflower, cottonseed, grapeseed oil etc)
• Alcohol – red or white wine.
I request LCHF veterans like Anup and others to contribute other items which are not included in the above list.