what happenned to me?

i was in ICU in 2009 or 10, i had an epilepsy seizure and was taken to central middx hospital (park royal). All i want to know is what happenned to me and has anyone else gone through it, i dont know what drugs i was on but i was able to place myself in a vertical position in the bed and standing over the edge of something, also i felt like i could communicate with people without saying a word, do the patents have some sort of in house entertainment while they are in ICU? it was weird, i was walking down a spiral staircase and when i could go no further i would open my eyes and be in a vertical position in bed, there has to be an explanation for all this

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I also had lots of very strange things happen to me in ICU, but yours sound more fun than mine. Try to remember how you communicated without speaking, it could save the world!

In my ICU they injected me with petrol, and were going to use me as a firelighter.

The staff also performed very unusual sex acts in the middle of the ward, which, come to think of it, was rather fun!

• that dont sound right, i was wound up by a couple of asian orderleys working on the ward and i had to be knocked out to calm me down or so i believe anyway

• I'd better make it clear this was only in my confused drugged brain.

I was very ill following an esophagectomy with pneumonia and other complications.

• i see, i hope you are better now, i am still on the meds but ime ok, ive been fit free for over 4 years

• I believe the drugs that are used in ICU cause these hallucinations, I had double pneumonia, sepsis & multiple organ failure complicated with ARDS and the powerful drugs they had to treat me with made me think I saw the grim reaper was walking around the ward looking at everyone and then took the person in bed 1, I was in bed 4 and believed we all moved up a bed until we reached bed 1, then we were taken away on a train in the corridor to be cremated somewhere in the hospital, it's something I'll never forget.

• i hope you are ok now, i had to have a giggle about the grim reaper though

• The drugs are good aren't they? I thought I was in a stadium looking down on the people who were visiting me. It helped when I visited the ICU a year later andd saw the room I was in and I understood why I felt that way. My room had wonderful gold scrolling wall paper and when it got too much for me I would close my eyes and it would turn into deep red pulsating velour. On a serious note though it is important to seperate out the halucinations from the real memories, they may be a combination of both, and the NDE's. Google near death experiences and you will see what I mean. I have my medical records, written feed back from my family and friends about what happened and I am writing a book about my experiences, both with cancer and the icu. It all helps but you must be prepared for it to be confronting and even upsetting especially if you are one of the large number of survivors who is suffering from post traumatic stress disorder.

• interesting, i hope everything is ok now, i will be on tablets for the rest of my life

• I had a feeling I was lying tilted almost upside down on a bed whilst the forced some sort of suction thing into my lungs... but I really have no idea of what happened to me either. :/

• I don't remember a thing just being woken up and thinking everyone was acting I called the nurse a bitch and slapped her around the face then was taken to another ward.

You may also like...