Looking for an APS specialist in the ... - Sticky Blood-Hugh...

Sticky Blood-Hughes Syndrome Support
9,173 members9,270 posts

Looking for an APS specialist in the San Francisco Bay area

Hi Everyone!

I have been suffering from POTS for over 7 years, and have had various ANA and C4 complement blood tests come back borderline over the years as well.

Most recently I got a borderline positive result for igG and Igm cardiolipins and am desperately trying to find a specialist in the area.

My primary care doctor and Rheumatologist both don't seem very concerned or really have any idea what APS is.

I haven't suffered any clots so far but am very scared it could happen if I don't find proper care.

Thank you so much for your help!

3 Replies

We have some similarities with the autonomic dysfunction and anti-phospholipid antibodies. I see a rheumatologist on the USCF website who could be a good person to see since he heads the lupus clinic. Please PM me if you want his name or if I can help in any way. KH


Hi, plenty of people are on here from the USA, and will give you some ideas, relevant to your location, however in the meantime here is our charity website, which does carry a list of global specialists on the front page: ghic.world/ MaryF


Hi annabanana23 POTS is increasingly being linked with APS as more is becoming known about it. As with many of the manifestations of APS they are not included on the diagnostic criteria, as are sero-negative or low levels of antibodies. That’s why it’s important to see a specialist who sees patients with this disease on a daily basis and whose clinic is based on APS so that they both understand and are prepared to accept the varying degrees to which patients present. We are not all text book cases and the diagnostic criteria is only meant for research not for the clinical setting.

I personally don’t know of anyone in SF but there is one in LA. DrDaniel Wallace. You could with go see him or call his office and ask him if he can recommend a APS dr in the Bay Area. In my opinion seeing a Lupus Dr is not always the best idea unless they have experience in APS and some don’t.


You may also like...