Sticky Blood-Hughes Syndrome Support
8,499 members8,639 posts

Blood type and severity of symptoms

Having read the recent articles on type o blood clotting less google.co.uk/amp/s/www.medi...

I wondered what blood group everyone is. I am O positive and so far my symptoms have only been pregnancy/miscarriage related. So although upsetting relatively mild compared to others. I wondered if that was because my blood clots less and therefore lessens the effects of the antibodies.

Would love anyone else’s thoughts on this?

17 Replies
oldestnewest

I'm A negative - with triple positive APS. Having had stillbirth, 2 strokes & blood clot in my subclavian artery.

Would be interesting to hear if connection to blood group?

O Positive with over 30 strokes and disintegrating joints in knees, elbows and shoulders.

O negative. 3 miscarriages, food sensitivities, no clots so far.

O Rh negative

( my husband has been begging me to post this question for some time, so thank you. )

Hi Kelly,

I am also O RH-.

Kerstin

- means negative

I must go back through my notes and see what my blood group is, I have forgotten. MaryF

Looks like it’s not as simple a connection as I thought it might have been. But very interesting all the same.

AB+ve

O positive

I’m O Rhesus negative and so far seem to be having microclotting issues. But had Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation after first C section following severe Pre eclampsia. Seronegative

Interesting topic.

B positive here.

A+ here with multiple TIA’s and micro clots.

A neg, APS not diagnosed in pregnancy despite 3 miscarriages, pre-eclampsia and two small babies. Diagnosed 18 yrs later.

I think if it were a simple connection then there would be more out there about it. I personally, in my non medical capacity, don’t think it makes a difference.

There’s always going to be people with varying levels of clotting who will fit in to different blood groups.

For me personally I’ve had TIAs, spinal cord infarct, bone clotting and a whole host of weird neurological symptoms and pain as well as numerous pregnancy losses and complications.

My blood group is A positive.

Kelly

I would have thought so too but this research has only just been done which shocked me as I thought it would have been done years ago. Plus the research was only on people with no clotting issues.

Maybe it’s something they might look into in future.

O positive

2 misscarriages, 1 suspected TIA, triple positive.

My D dimer goes up and down but they can never locate a clot.

You may also like...