What a month

Hi all

Just thought I would say hi , had an awful month ,

Admitted to hospital weeks ago with bladder stone and urine retention had emergency surgery and was given vitamin k which really messed with my warfarin .

I was discharged and began to feel unwell I put it down to under Anticoagulation , however six days later I was found unconscious in the bathroom by my girlfriend I was rushed straight to resuscitation at my local a+e diagnosed with severe urosepsis and multi organ failure I was immediately placed on life support ventilator , haemodialyss etc etc my liver and kidneys began to fail and I I remained this way for two weeks , I was given a 10% chance of survival . Cardiac arrest on days four and five . Thankfully I made it and although I feel better i am struggling big time I once again was given vitamin k now my INR won't move even on 10mg on warfarin, fatigue has kicked in , kidneys not recovered fully blood work still up the creek ,

Feel this is going to be a big uphill battle

Hope you are all doing ok

10 Replies

• Oh my Dan, What can I say but wish you all the luck in the world to feel better soon! Im sending you a really big and gentle hug as I feel thats all I can really offer. (((((((((O)))))))))

• Hi Dan, please continue to rest and do stay in touch with us all, wishing you a recovery at the right speed! Mary F x

• Dan,

You poor thing what a erible time you have been having.

Thank goodness you have had good attention and pulled round.

I think you must be patient and try to get a little stronger each day.

We are all thinking of you and sending x

• Morning Dan,

well here I was lying in bed feeling sorry for myself, and boy have you given me a kick up the bum!!!

I really hope you start to feel better soon.

Rest rest and more rest

Wishing you a speedy recovery

• Oh what a toughie you are try to keep your chin up if that doesnt sound too patronising!! Youve certainly been through the mill,allow yourself time and i hope you start to get better very soon-thinking of youx

• Good thoughts from across the pond!

• Hi Dan

Hope you continue to go from strength to strength. Look after yourself.

Love from here InSpain xxx

• It's amazing you're here to tell the tale!!

The very best of luck with your continuing recovery.

• Hi Dan,

My wishes with the best recovery goes to you from me in Stockholm.

• Oh dear Dan, that is not good, I do hope you are improving now?!

What a struggle you have been having, thinking of you & hoping you recover quicker x

You may also like...