As you'll know, Hughes Syndrome shares quite a few symptoms with other conditions. While reading the posts on this site, I have my radar switched on for people with reading difficulties, as it crops up quite a lot. I'm coming to a few conclusions as to how people may be helped.
Would you help me to possibly help others? Which of the following symptoms do you suffer with, if any? Please use the numbers if it helps.
1. Misreading words.
2. Skipping words and lines.
3. Slow reading rate.
4. Confusing letters and words that look similar.
5. Putting words in the wrong order.
6. Needing to reread for information.
7. Poor comprehension.
8. Losing place.
9. Needing to take frequent breaks from the page.
10. Avoiding reading.
11. Needing to read in dim light.
12. Problems copying from a board especially the interactive whiteboard.
13. General reluctance to read.
Thanks for replying to this. Specific techniques and coping strategies may follow soon if there's a demand and you want to try some of the tested ideas. (Other people's, not mine!)