So here it goes... the past 4/5 months of my life :(.
• My exposure was on April 23rd 2016 with a girl of unknown status (condom breakage - exposure was no more than a few minutes as I had not long checked before ejaculation).
• I've read that you shouldn't judge your HIV status by symptoms but I want to give you guys as much information as I can. From June 11th - June 16th 2016 (48 days after exposure) I had a bit of a dry throat as if I'd just swallowed undiluted squash, it was quite mild and didn't come with any other symptoms. There was something going around a work so I can't say for sure if this was related or not. Anyway, I Went for an STI test on June 13th 2016 (50 days after exposure).
• I Received a call on July 6th 2016 (3.5 weeks later) and the nurse said that I had to come back in to have my blood retested. I could barely speak to her I just agreed, all I remember her saying was that sometimes there is a blip on the machine and that there is absolutely nothing to worry about but they were not prepared to give me a negative result just yet.
• I went in the following day - July 7th 2016 (74 days after exposure 10.5 weeks) and had 2 tubes of blood taken for another HIV test.
• On July 18th 2016 I got a text saying 'ALL OK'.
Over the next few weeks my anxiety became too overwhelming so I went in for another on 17/08/2016 (115 days after exposure - 16.5 weeks).
The nurse did explain to me that my first test (50 days after exposure) was due to ‘non specific antibodies cross reacting’ and that they just wanted to make sure (though I am not sure what test they did as they were short staffed that day and didn't go through it with me). She also said this happens for a variety of reasons such as other viral infections that may be going on at the same time and that due to the sensitivity of test this can happen; so I wonder if this is just bad luck of me being ill around that time.
on the 25/08/2016 I got the text saying 'ALL OK' (again - 2nd negative result); However, given the events leading up to this moment do you think I can safely move on. I want to go for another test perhaps in December if I can hold out that long, I am just so worried. I am even beginning to think things like 'maybe they sent the wrong text to me or tested the wrong sample and I am actually positive'.
If anyone has any insight in what I should do next I'd be happy to hear from you :).