Vaccines: Hi folks, This post might not be... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating
40,187 members7,130 posts

Vaccines

Matt2584
Matt2584Star
14 Replies

Hi folks,

This post might not be about healthy eating but is about health in general.

Now, there are people out there who are sceptical to the safety of vaccines. Some say they are absolutely safe and some will say they are a danger. I would be one of those to say that they are a danger.

Some people will tell you that if vaccines didn't exist then half of the population would have been taken out by polio or some other threat. Maybe more than half.

Some folk will tell you that vaccines are unsafe because of the toxic ingredients in them such as Mercury, a heavy metal and known neurotoxin.

One of my friends was saying not too long ago that they have done research on vaccines before and it turned out that the whole theory about them being unsafe is flawed information.

Some of you know that I cannot abide Aspartame. A chemical sweetener that is used in diet drinks and other foods and what I have read about aspartame is that it is unsafe. Aspartame can lead to a multitude of health problems including brain tumours.

I am a survivor of 2 brain tumours.

So when I first read up on Aspartame and health problems including brain tumours, I put two and two together.

Now, I know I cannot actually prove that aspartame is the reason behind my tumours but I can take a wild guess.

So, back to vaccines. The thing I think about is if our foods are tainted with various chemicals, chemically-sourced-oils (such as rapeseed oil), carcinogens, trans fats and many other things that can harm us, as well as aspartame... salads are doused in bleach (thanks Jerry for your post :D)... Crops are sprayed with pesticides including Glyphosate (Which the World Health Organisation has said is a probable carcinogen)...All of these things that are detrimental to our health, then how can people sit there and say that vaccines are completely safe?

I would think... and I'm just using my OWN thoughts here... but I would think that there MUST be something dodgy about vaccines as well.

As I said earlier in the post, I see vaccines as a danger.

I no longer get the flu jab no more and have lost all faith in the pharmaceutical industry completely.

"Let food betty medicine and medicine be thy food"

And that quote is not suggesting that a microwave lasagne is going to treat your cough :).

14 Replies
oldestnewest
Matt2584

"betty medicine"

That's supposed to read "be thy medicine".

Sorry.

3 likes
Zest
ZestVolunteer
in reply to Matt2584

Hi Matt,

You can always edit your post if you want to - it's the button that says 'more' and then you click on 'edit' and you can make the edit - an option if you want to. :-)

Zest :-)

2 likes
Matt2584
Matt2584Star
in reply to Zest

Thanks for that, Zest:).

And yes, I did think about editing the post once I had posted but then thought I would leave it as it was. It was getting late when I originally posted so couldn’t be bothered to spend a few seconds more altering it :).

2 likes
Fran182716
Fran182716Prediabetic

I am concerned about some of the ingredients in vaccines but would not stop having them. My dad and auntie both contracted polio as teenagers in the 1930s. Dad never got back the use of his right upper arm (had his shoulder surgically fixed so he could still use his hand) and auntie walked the rest of her life with callipers and walking aids. I’m grateful for that vaccine. I’ve also had a version of swine flu about 18 years ago which was awful, I have the flu vaccine every year now and it’s not just for me, I work with people who are frail, vulnerable and sometimes immunocompromised so would not want to pass on anything to them. There is always a little niggle of worry though when I sign the consent form that there is a tiny chance of serious reaction. I go ahead with the vaccine because the probability of me getting flu is so much higher than the probability of problems with the vaccine, but It would be lovely if they could find a way of making them 100% safe.

3 likes
Matt2584
Matt2584Star
in reply to Fran182716

Like with all things, vaccines, foods, cosmetics and so on, why must they be tainted?

Is there any real need for it?

1 like
HOBIEONE
HOBIEONE
in reply to Matt2584

I had a phmonia jab & guess what I got, I passed it on to my wife & my 3yr old son. Never again (we thought we had lost him) Talk about being happy ?

1 like
Matt2584
Matt2584Star
in reply to HOBIEONE

Sorry to hear about that but I’m glad that you never lost anybody.

1 like
HOBIEONE
HOBIEONE
in reply to Matt2584

My 3yr old son was blue lighted up to the Freeman hosp & I was in the back of the Ambulance with him, 6 Drs looked at the X-ray of 1 lung full & other 3 quarters full ! They put a 25mm tube in his back to drain the ---- out. I was there when the sisters took the pipe out & pulled the stiches tight. The staff where brilliant & I am not kidding ! He is now 6ft 3inches & very fit.

1 like
HOBIEONE
HOBIEONE
in reply to HOBIEONE

My head was in bits when I saw the tube come out. I thought how does he not breath through there ? I will stick to Electrics.

Matt2584
Matt2584Star
in reply to HOBIEONE

Wow, your son went through quite a bit by the sounds of it and at a young age too.

I’m glad to hear he is in good health now :).

HOBIEONE
HOBIEONE
in reply to Matt2584

I was 3 when I got diagnosed T1. My parents must have been through it too. I drink lemon every day & have only had 1 flu vaccine. ?

1 like
Matt2584
Matt2584Star
in reply to HOBIEONE

Nature is better than pharmaceutical meds.

What is T1, by the way?

Sounds to my like the first Terminator movie :).

I know it’s not that though.

HOBIEONE
HOBIEONE
in reply to Matt2584

There are 2 types of Diabetes T1 (which your pancreas does NOT work & T2 which can be sorted with lots of effort. After more than 56yrs of T1 I have had lots of experience with it. Good luck to anyone who is trying !

1 like
Cooper27
Cooper27Moderator

I'm not convinced vaccines are 100% safe, but I think it's one of those things where the benefit outweighs the negatives. The principles of vaccinations stem from homeopathy, so I find it funny that people often opt for homeopathic alternatives over the vaccines :)

I would usually go for the major vaccines, but I don't opt to get optional ones like the flu jab, although my partner does. I've been bedridden with flu, with him having to watch out for me before!

2 likes

You may also like...