Hi - I tried this recipe which I found online and it turned out very well! Basically a fat-free sponge based on Eggs, but has little added sugar and the surprising ingredient of Prunes makes it very moist and sweet! Also, used semolina instead of flour so makes it gluten-free too. Just remember to freeze down what you don't use to avoid being tempted to seconds!
(1 eighth = 115 calories)
30g low calorie sweetener or caster sugar
213g tin prunes in fruit juice
50g unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
150ml skimmed milk
3 large eggs
50g Whitworths semolina
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and spray 9" cake tin with one cal oil.
2. Place half the sugar in a blender with prunes, cocoa, vanilla and milk, and blend for 20 seconds.
3. Whisk eggs and remaining sugar with an electric beater for at least 6 minutes.
4. Stir in the chocolate mixture and gently fold in the semolina.
5. Pour the mixture into a tin and bake for approx 40 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
6. Cool completely before turning out and cutting into 8 slices.
I served it with a little ice-cream and raspberries.