i suffered a sah in 2007 and am now unable to work disabled and totally reliant on others to get about i have huge debts and am possibly going to have my home repossed in 2013 last week i was 52 on thiursday yesterday i drove to london for lunch with my daughter whose 22 during which she was concerned at how tirred i am lkooking mentally and physically suggesting that i should take a holiday nowhere exotic but a long weekend away

until recently i hadnt anyone i could trust to come with me i now have a lodger whose willing

last year i had to travel to corwall for the spreading of ashes of a former fiancee the funding for the few days incl a b and b and fuel was granted by the salvation army and arranged by adulyt social services i have asked both again for help the salvation army cant assis me and social services cant help does anyone know a charity or body i might apply to all i am talking about is £400 fuel and 3 nights at a b and b

probably to either belfast to visit my godson or edinburgh to visit a friend whose in a hospice


4 Replies

  • Hi Neil. Is there a rugby charity or work-related (when you worked) charity you could speak too?

  • not aware of a rugby charity as my injury didnt happen while playing i wasnt employed when my injury happened having taken vol redundancy in the june injury in dec 07

  • Hi Neil,

    It might be worth you contacting our helpline on 0808 800 2244 or - they will be able to discuss in a little more detail with you, and perhaps point you in the direction of anyone who can help.

    Look forward to hearing from you,

    Best wishes,


  • thank you will do neil

You may also like...