5,442 members7,837 posts

My First Post !

Hi everyone , i hope you are all well .

As the title suggests this is my first post on the forum so ill give you all a brief introduction .

I suffered a Subarachnoid Brain Haemorrhage 4 years ago . I was treated in the Royal Hallamshire Hospital in Sheffield by Mr Patel who managed to successfully " clip " and repair the burst aneurysm following craniotomy .

I do consider myself very lucky indeed but im still struggling to come to terms with what happened and some of the issues i have to contend with . This has subsequently led to severe difficulties fulfilling my role at work . For this reason im looking for help via a neuropsycholgist . Im fortunate that i do enjoy the use of private health through my employer and im looking for contact details of neuropsycholgists in the South Yorkshire area who i can approach for help .

Where can i find details of practitioners in the field of neuropsycholgy ? Is there somewhere on this site i can find the information or are there websites i can use to find what im looking for .

Thank you for any help you can give me and i hope my post finds you all well .



5 Replies

A kindred spirit ! I had a SAH 4+years ago and was treated in Salford Royal, Manchester.

It's a rocky road isn't it Nick trying to get back to some kind of 'normal'.

Please phone the Headway helpline on 0808 800 2244 for the information you're looking for ; they're lovely helpful people and will do all they can to assist you.

Best wishes, Cat x


welcome! and here you will find tons of support and help from Headway yes do ring the helpline

1 like

Hi Nick,

I had a brain haemorrhage caused by an AVM 8 plus year ago. I was treated at Sheffield Hallamshire by Mr Yanni. I had brain surgery (craniotomy). I live in Doncaster and through my doctor I got the help of a fantastic Neuro psychologist. I had the NP for 2 years (a weekly home app of upto 2.5 hours per visit) This was not done through private healthcare though. But, if you say which town you live in I can email and ask NP if she has any recommendations.

Nick I would highly recommend seeing an N.P., It was a life changer for me understanding what happened to my brain after the haemorrhage. The N.P. was the one who helped me hubby and family to move forward after such a life changing event.

If I can help further don't hesitate to ask

Take Care

Joanne 😃


Would Headway be able to put you in touch with one? Good luck x


Can i say a very belated thank you to all who have responded to my cry for help with warmth and sound advice . My response is very late and for this id like to apologise ..... unfortunately i managed to forget my password to log back in here ..... how ironic hahahaha

Ive managed to get sorted out now and due to the way my healthcare works ill be seeing a neurologist shortly for a formal assessment . The consultant ill be seeing is Proffessor Sharrack at the Thornberry hospital in Sheffield . For some reason im a little bit nervous about this but im sure itll be fine !

Once again thank you for your help , its great to know there are good people out there who i can turn to when in need .



You may also like...