Reasonable adjustments at work

Hello!

I've been back at work for a good few months now and have still yet to come to terms with what adjustments I need making to make a working day bearable.

Did you have any changes at work? Can you handle the working life, working hours? How are you finding working alongside other people?

I know that I'm going to ask for my hours to be reduced at least because there's so little energy for anything.

We'll be okay. siiiiigh.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • WELL DONE FOR BEING BACK AT WORK. AFTER MY BI I REDUCED MY HOURS 3TIMES ENDING UP PART TIME 5 HRS A DAY. SADLY I COULDN'T EVEN COPE WITH THIS, TO TIRING & STRESSFUL SO AT THE AGE OF 45 THE COMPANY & I MUTUALLY AGREED THAT I SHOULD RETIRE. IT'S TUENED OUT TO BE THE BEST THING I COULD HAVE DONE. I FOUGHT & FOUGHT OVER 7 YRS TO KEEP WORKING BUT IN THE END I HAD TO LISTEN TO MYBRAIN YELLING AT ME TO STOP. I REALLY MISS MOST OF THE PEOPLE (I'D BEEN THERE YEARS) BUT THERE'S NO WAY I COULD COPE WITH THE PRESSURE & THE TIREDNESS, THEY JUST MADE EVERYTHING ELSE SO BAD.

• Hours were my major difficulty, increase by 30 mins and when you are fully accustomed do another 30 mins. It took me a long time to go from one hour a day to the 25 hrs which I work regularly now. I did increase to 29 but it Impacted on my health drastically.

I use my dla to pay for a cleaner to do 2 hrs a week. I could not manage to do both work and heaviest housework. Cleaner does hoovering mopping floors and cleans bathrooms. Rest of time is general clean and tidy or ironing.

I tend to over react to thing when tired so that people I work with tell me I need tim out. They se it befor I do. I go and nap in a quiet corner. Not easy in a primary school!

• I started back early jan on vastly reduced hrs ie 2 days a week in 3hrs slots, I did very little mostly paper work. And have slowly ramped up I'm still under normal working hrs now.

Did you have fit to return to work?

• I was a january returner too. working at 2 days, 3 hours and working up. 3 month phased return and it went really well and was exactly what I needed in terms of routine , fitting things into boxes and getting my confidence up. now i'm full time and not managing. The days getting increasingly harder and zero energy, zero feeling good.

I had a mini prep meeting for the occ health meeting i have today, and two things stood out for how the day was different and why i was feeling particularly happy and those were BREAKFAST and having a space to talk about myself and all the things. Being able to realism the things I need through talking about them, but never just through thinking by myself.

The problem really is that we live in a capitalist society where returning to work is the main goal for recovery...

You may also like...