compensation fund financial management

I am a court appointed deputy for my daughter, she has funds currently managed by Barclays Wealth, I am not impressed with the service given plus the fact that we also bank with Barclays and they are closing the branch we use. So I am changing.

I have sought information from the COP regarding alternate fund managers but they say they are not permitted to do so. I have also asked Headway but they also are not permitted.

If you have funds well managed would you please share your experience

5 Replies

My son has not received his compensation yet but his solicitor set up a Personal Injury Fund which in time we will manage. You do not have to go through a Fund Manager-we said no to all that.Try to get some free legal advice about this.


I can recommend Stan Coupe from Frenkel Topping. They specialise in managing personal injury and medical negligence compensation funds, know all about working with cop and Stan is absolutely lovely. frenkeltopping.co.uk


My solicitor set up my trust it was very simple. Having some money in a properly set up Trust fund may not affect the amounts you get in benefits


Thank you all for responding, I continue to collect advice


On the offchance that someone has set up a trust recently - hopefully in Northern Ireland - I am struggling to get any solicitor to touch it - most say they aren't allowed to even give advice. I don't want advice, I just want to set up a trust fund with the compensation my child was awarded but I don't want to fill the pockets of some legal organisation if it's a straightforward trust (which this is - and it's only a modest amount).

Any suggestions on how to go about this please? I'd be really grateful. We're mentally exhausted simply having got to this stage due to court appearances etc being cancelled at the last minute (5 times). It has taken it's toll. We now just want to set up this trust fund as quickly and simply as possible.

Thanks in advance.


You may also like...