Hello everyone. I'm a 19 year old male. Not too long ago my blood test showed RF latex test > 450, which I have read indicates advanced disease. I've read a bit about rheumatoid arthritis and diseases associated with rheumatoid factor, but none, I think, match how I'm feeling. I don't think I have RA, as I don't really complain of joint pain. IgM was also 2.8, slightly elevated. Celiac disease blood tests were negative and the doctor think celiac is unlikely. I was referred to a gastrologist and now have to wait months for the appointment while suffering from:
- Daytime sleepiness
- Memory issues
- Concentration issues
- Never feeling awake, can't think straight (brain fog)
- General muscle aches and weakness
- Excessive flatulence (near constant!)
- Changes in bowel movement (bowel movement every other three days, or once each day but incomplete, much straining. Stools are very fatty / shiny and hard to flush)
- Moderate numbness and tingling in hands and feet that I feel all the time.
- Difficulty swallowing (mucus stuck in throat, food getting stuck in throat, need water to flush down. I do have acid reflux, but am being treated with pantoprazol.
- Loss of appetite. I only eat because I know I have to. I eat quite alot, but don't really feel like eating.
Main bothersome symptomes are: Fatigue, daytime sleepiness and flatulence, because I've had them for about 5 years, and these symptoms are getting worse each year.
I also have lactose intolerance which I have read can be caused by celiac disease, but then again the blood tests were negative?
If anyone has any input, or can relate, please feel free to respond