dedicated hospital/clinic that does fibromyalgia assessment?

my recent session @ a pain management clinic left me so stressed... my consultant flipantly commented 'seem to show fibromyalgia symptoms'... when asked to qualify his statement he retracted saying 'did not say [im] not fibromyalgic'... i left the session fuming silently but resolve to drop him a note 4 da stress am now in... i was diagnosed in 2000 @ the same hospital where he is a pain management consultant... Id like to be referred for re-assessment as i do not want to continue taking medications for a 'perhaps' condition.. does anyone know a recognised & dedicated 'fibromyalgia assessment centre/clinic/hosp'? tnx

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • tnk u Lynn-FA... dat was quik

• There is a Prof. Davis you says he has the best teatment for FMS and he used to work at Guys Hospital in London. I have read alot about his work, he has two private clinics, his treatment is very expensive and the reports I read were far from encouraging. I certainly would not go to him but its upto everyone to decide for themselves.

I was dx by a rheumatologist who told me there is no cure for FMS and I should just learn to live with it which is what I have done for many years now !!!

• is there any benifit for this condition...?

• Dr Vinod Patel at the George Eliot Hospital in Nuneaton runs an ME clinic which is NHS. Since Fibro is regularly linked with ME, he certainly knows his stuff. I attended his clinic with ME, but when I started getting pain I rang him, he got me an appointment within days (there is at least a 6 month waiting time to see this man), diagnosed Fibro, prescribed and collected the appropriate meds for me, wrote it all down and I had plan b and C in my back pocket in case plan A didnt work - which it has so far I am very pleased to say. This guy is a genius, he has my ME/CFS and Fibro pretty much under control, which considering they are part of a much wider and more dangerous package of problems I have is no mean feat.

You may also like...