50 things you can do today to manage your Fibromyalgia

Hello everyone

The above is the title of a book by Wendy Green.

Has anybody read this book? I haven't, but I would love to hear from anyone who has read it and if they found the book useful.

From an article in the Mail on-line, I seems that this book is yet another book rehashing everything we [fibromites] already know.

What makes me a bit suspicious about this book is that Wendy Green thinks that anyone with Fibromyalgia is capable of doing 50 things in a day - I'm lucky if I can do 50 things in 50 days! Anyway, I digress.

Here is the link to the Mail on-line article

dailymail.co.uk/health/arti...

As an aside, I don't know if you agree, but I feel that Fibromyalgia seems to be the new cash-cow for anyone wanting to make money quickly by writing a book. The authors are fully aware that people in pain are desperate to try and be pain free and so will buy anything [books included] that declare they can help Fibromyalgia sufferers manage their condition.

Take care

Love to hear from you.

Sx

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Thank you so much for sharing

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

• I've not read the book, but from the review in the Daily Mail article, it does seem more a gathering of already existing knowledge, as you say put together to make money. nothing wrong in making money out of books that rehash stuff, I guess but it is good to know that's what you spending money on. Sometimes a rehash gathering everything into one place can be helpful - it can save loads of research. All depends though on the genuineness of the information in the book, at to whether it is really helpful or just theory, as I think some of it seems it might be.

I like the yoga and swimming recommendations. But, I recognise that would not work or be affordable for everyone. And perhaps the money angle is one of the main issues here. A lot of the vitamins recommended may be helpful, but will be out of reach of many due to their price. Same for swimming, not free, unless you have a safe place outdoors to swim (unlikely). But, then it will not be warm as said needs to be. Yoga - whilst you can get books from the local library that is not the same as having a qualified instructor to teach you the moves, which will cost.

You may also like...