Fybrogel taken while talking morphine, or any painkillers which cause constipation ?

This Fibrogel was prescribed. Info from a recent pack.

I have a pack of orange Fibrogel which says

'Do not take if you are taking any meds which cause constipation, ie Codeine, Morphine.' which I do.

The online leaflet says the same.

Packs I have with added Mebeverine do not say this.

The pharmacist did not give a satisfactory explanation. I will ask my GP eventually, just wondering whether anyone does actually know FOR CERTAIN why this is ?

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Very interesting, I had no idea as it is supposed to help in that direction.

Thanks for sharing

Ken

• Hi Micro,

A very dedicated pharmacist/chemist will know the answer or will find the answer "FOR CERTAIN." Most pharmacists/chemists realize this question falls within their own professional domain and will pursue an answer if they do not know the answer.

I have at least three pharmacists I can call for information. It pays off to have a network like this, as I can always obtain a "certain" answer and I can double check on the answers, if I desire to do so. I have built relationships with multiple pharmacists over the years for this reason.

I hope you can call upon another pharmacist. :)

It's important to have accurate answers when we need them.

In Support,

Crazy_Horse

• I've been looking online and can find no information of any reason why this can't be taken whilst on morphine or codeine, would be interesting to know for sure. I have to take Movicol and have no problem with that. x

• I am afraid I dont know the answer but please when you find it do post it. It is quite fascinating!

You may also like...