Any Advice Please

I was diagnosed with fibro about 7 years ago, but have suffered with it for much longer. During the last 6 months my symptoms have become a lot worse, and now am constantly exhausted and in pain.

I had to give up work as a carer so now I am getting job seekers allowance.

I have only seen the Dr for my fibro, never been referred to and specialists. I want to apply for PIP and wandered if that would make any difference. Is there anything I need to get from my Dr to help with my application.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Gentle hugs everyone xxxxx


12 Replies

  • You would need your GP to supply evidence for why you should be awarded PIP.

  • Thanks. I had a feeling I needed something but was unsure what. Thanks for the info.

  • Hi Mandarin, the more information you have from any medical professionals help. It gives a bigger picture of your health (ir more like lack of). I would go back to your doctor explain how much worse you are feeling and ask to be referred to a pain clinic or specialist, they can make a difference to how you feel and will add more detail to any benfit application. You can also try physiotherapy, here in Scotland it is self referal which means you just ring your local physio department and make an appointment. You also need to contact citizens advice for help to fill in forms correctly, this is very important to help your case as they u derstand the forms and know how to answer correctly. All the best

  • Thanks very much. I actually started physio yesterday so will ask for a report when I next go. Thanks for the info

    Gentle Hugs xxx

  • If you can't get help from your local CAB click on the FibroAction link above as they can send you one of the guides on benefits and how to fill in the forms from Benefit and Works. These are an invaluable resource. As the others have said a letter from your GP will help as evidence for your claim as they can say about the nature of your illness, how long you have been treated for that condition and confirm the medication and treatments that you are on. Good luck with it all.x

  • Many thanks for your help. Dont feel so overwhelmed now.

    Gentle hugs x

  • You could also ask your doctor for a referal to a Rhumatologist for a proof of diagnosis.

    sue xx

  • Gonna make an appointment to see my dr tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

    Gentle hugs x

  • Hi mandarin

    I am so sorry to read of your predicament and I sincerely hope that you can find some resolution and relief to these issues. I would recommend that you discuss with your GP about referrals to Rheumatology and Physiotherapy. This way you will have two specialists to support you when the DWP ask for information for your PIP claim.

    It may also help you to keep a diary of your pain and how it affects your day-to-day life? Note down where your pain was, what type of pain it was and how long it lasted. Then you will have something not just for your GP but for any referrals that you can ascertain.

    I want to wish you all the best of luck with your PIP claim, fingers crossed.

    All my hopes and dreams for you


  • Thank you for being so kind. Really appreciate the advice.

    Will start gathering info.

    Gentle hugs x

  • Hi sweetie ive had fibro for about 7 years got lot worse this last 12 months I was a carer just like you but I couldn't cope anymore so ive not worked since March last year, I claimed p.i.p not straight forward you have to gather as much information as you can every doctor letter every Hospitail letter ect and do your home work, im off Hospitail today fibro Hospitail good luck 💖

  • Thanks for your help. I will see what I can do.

    Gentle Hugs xx

You may also like...