first appointment with ivf consultant

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice. For the last 5 months, I have had all the tests done, have had a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy done. The funding has been approved for one free ivf cycle. I have only recently been referred to the fertility centre and was wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect at my first appointment with the consultant and how long the process is till egg collection?

3 Replies

• Hello! I think it varies depending on where you are being treated but, at my first appointment in April 2015 there were (from memory) consent forms, blood tests, checking blood pressure, weight etc. I started IVF on day 21 of my May cycle (but some women begin on day 1) which meant I actually started meds on the 9 June. Egg Collection was one month later, transfer 5 days after that and I tested at the end of July. It honestly flys by once you get started!

Good luck x

• Hi ditsy! It seems like all the first appointments are more or less similar. Did you get all your consent forms?

We made the first app less than two years ago in biotexcom.

We had to fill them out and take them with us. Also we thought about and put down some important questions we were interested in. one of them was what pregnancy vitamins I should take. And what else could be done to boost my chances.

In my app letter, it said we would be there approximately for 2 hrs. Also I was meant to have had a blood test 2 weeks before that app day 1-3 of period. I don’t know for sure whether it’s so in your clinic.

During the app we went through all our forms, discussed if any other blood test were needed. We got to know the details about the protocols. Also talked about drugs and how one was to inject them. We clarified everything about scans and egg donor. They told us the whole procedure on the DE ivf treatment. Up to the end we got all the necessary info we needed. Hope that will be the same for you. Hugs x

• Hi,

I have already done all the blood tests and other test done at the hospital. Ive had a letter come through our first appointment on 3rd March which will last for 2 hours, it says we are to attend a counselling session, then speak to the nurse and sign all the consent forms and order drugs needed. They have said I need ICSI treatment. My husband has an appointment for his sperm in May. Is that when they are thinking I will have the ICSI transfer as thats 2 months after we go for our first appointment. Also why is it so long after? Is that normal? Im guessing I will have started the drugs well before?

Sorry about the questions !

You may also like...