So it looks like we will be going for egg donation. But we are taking the steps real slow whilst we consider what this means for us and whether it is the right decision.
To help with this, I've purchased a book from the Infertility Network UK Amazon Shop, which is really helping as it is asking us lots of questions about what is a really big decision, both emotionally for us and any child we have, but also ethically and financially
It has also given me some comfort in the diagnosis. I was kind of wondering whether my Dr had given up on IVF after 3 rounds, which he always threatened to, or whether he was right to recommend an alternative approach. Within the first few chapters they talked about those who may turn to ED, and there, was the situation we are in: poor responder to IVF drugs/poor egg quality. It was nice to be able to fit myself in a category as it moves us on from Unexplained, and that actually this is possibly the only route to increase our chances.
Next steps for us - further reading and thinking, and follow up on the approach we have made to our clinic. Now beginning to realise the length of time a treatment cycle will take, but don't want to move forward until we are sure this is the route for us.