Fertility Network UK
16,359 members β€’ 26,844 posts

Getting closer to my first IVF cycle

I can't believe this is happening but the NHS subfertility clinic has just confirmed that the funding for a fresh+frozen IVF cycle has been approved and that all the paperwork will be sent to our chosen IVF clinic this afternoon.

I am in a kind of total choc. Considering that one of my tubes was close and the other badly damaged since 2006 (but I discovered it only in May 2018) this is the closest I have ever been to a pregnancy. I can't believe it.

23 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Great news! So pleased to hear that you are moving forward!xx

I am still a bit on denial: everyone in the subfertility clinic has prepared us for a negative answer and was ready to support us for an appealing :) Quite the opposite, life is full of surprises, not all bad it seems :)

Hope that the IVF clinic will be as fast, I can't wait to start to inject myself as a mass-production chicken!

1 like

That is very exciting. Best of Luck! Xxx

It is, and it is still unbelievable (I don't know how many time I have been repeating this). I hope this is not just a dream! Thanks for your wishes!

1 like

Haha no it is real. We felt so so happy when we finally got approved and started the process. Was so amazing to have support.

Everything crossed for you!

:) xxx

I can't wait to start, tomorrow I will phone the IVF clinic!

1 like

Everyone will support you on here :) xxx

1 like

Great news! welcome to the crazy ivf bandwagon πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜

Thanks! I was starting to feel excluded also from this forum since everyone is talking about their IVF cycles! It is weird to say but I was really looking forward to joining the club!

2 likes

Well I'm glad your going into this with such excitement and enthusiasm! 😊 I'm about to start my second round and Im scared shitless!! Lol πŸ˜‚ not really of the actual process really, I'm not trying to scare you. Just worried about it failing again.

Wish I could be as positive as you that's awesome we need people like you to pick us negative nellys up! πŸ˜‰ you will rock this and I wish you lots and lots and lots of baby dust! 😘😘

Xx

1 like

Thanks a lot! Mostly this is my only hope and it is already a big improvement on my current condition. Now, I am completely sterile (I miss both tubes) but the IVF gives me a small possibility, so still better than zero (or zero, but at least I can say to myself that I tried)

1 like

Exactly hun and great attitude!! Got to be in to win πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ look forward to seeing your posts on your journey, lots of lovely ladies on here to help you and support you along the way! ❀

Best of luck xx

1 like

Wow, so exciting. Good luck with it all xx

Thanks a lot!

Best of luck with your treatment x

Thanks!

That’s good news. Now the real fun begins hehe. Good luck xx

Yep! So glad of joining the club :P

Good luck, honey! Just don't lose hope, alright? You can do this, I'm sure of it. Don't overly expect things, please. Be open to all scenarios. And, at the same time hope for the best. Fingers crossed, you can do this!

I will try to keep my hopes high (well, anything is as good as my zero chances of conceiving naturally ;) ) but I know that the success rate for my age/issue range from 15% to 35% so two failures out of three in the best case scenario.

This is great news. Welcome to the club, haha. I hope your stay is short and successful. You can do this, honey. Just remember to take it easy. Remember, that it can still take a few more attempts. Good luck, I hope it happens in the first one!

Thank you so much. Weird to say, but I was really looking forward to joining the club!

Thank you so much for your wishes :)

You may also like...