Fertility Network UK
18,019 members β€’ 28,433 posts

Had EC Today!! #firstivfcycle

13 eggs collected from 28 follicles with egg collection today. Am feeling so much more comfortable after having everything emptied - fingers crossed things calm down inside to continue with schedule (plan for implant Fri or Mon depending on how fertilisation goes). Pls send your positive thoughts & prayers for good news from the embryologist tomorrow.

This really is an emotional rollercoaster- feeling very positive at the moment but equally so scared of not getting the outcome we want. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

23 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

All the best for tomorrow, sending positive vibes and hugs xxx

1 like

Hi Novice_knitter. Well done! Make sure you drink plenty of water, in case the other follicles remain active for a bit. You need to drink enough to keep your urine nice and pale. I will be thinking of you. Diane

Thank you for the tip Diane - my husband is on constant fluid watch! Hopefully scan on Fri will show things settling down - but will see how that side of things goes x

xx

1 like

Hi there, sending you lots of positive vibes πŸ’• xx

1 like

Thank you so much Lou!

1 like

I will put you in my nightly good juju wishes x😌

1 like

πŸ˜‚

Thankyou Cdwen!

Sending luck xx

1 like

Good luck, sending positive vibes xx πŸŒˆπŸ’•

1 like

Good luck with tomoro! I've got my egg collection Friday. Was it very uncomfortable, do you remember much? What time did you take your trigger injection, and what time did you actually go in for egg collection? x

Under GA so remember nothing apart from going to sleep and waking up. I was really really uncomfortable pre-op and actually felt better in my tummy and in myself post op. I am sore and achy in my tummy though & taking paracetamol. Nothing to worry about really but equally it’s probably individual on how you respond.

Trigger inj Mon 7.30pm, went to theatre at about 8.15am Wed (today)

Best of luck with your EC x

Thank you, I really hope I haven't taken my trigger injection at wrong time. Wish I was having a GA, Dreading the sedation. Hope the paracetamol has helped you. Hope you get good news tomorrow, don't forget to take it easy, All the best with your next stage of treatment x x

Oh bless you - I’m sure it was right, are you ringing them today to put your mind at ease?

Thanks for your support, I’ll post an update on how we get on - my phone is attached to me for the morning!

Let me/the group know how sedation goes. Have you spoken to anyone else that’s had sedation? Might be worth putting the question out there for a bit of support if your worried? There might be some good stories out there. Is anyone allowed to go in with you for support during EC? Xx

Hi, I called them at this morning, thankfully I did give it at right time. I'm an emotional wreck at moment. They were very supportive on the phone. Stuck in work now, hoping to finish early as my minds not on it. How ru feeling today? Has embryologist called you yet? Good luck!!! X x

1 like

Yes - good news, have 8 embryos! πŸ˜€

1 like

Sending you lots of positive thoughts,hope all goes well for you xx

1 like

Thank you Clairenix x

Best of luck for your update phone call today, nervous times!xx

It really is! My phone is attached to me this morning, praying for good news. Thank you Cinderella5 x

1 like

So glad things went well with your EC! Fingers crossed for you for good news today. Sending lots of luck x

Thank you! Am so relieved we had eggs and hope they’re mature enough to give us embryos today x

You may also like...