Fertility Network UK
15,879 members26,160 posts

First midwife appointment

Got my first midwife appointment today and I have been up from half 4🙈 am so nervous everything was fine at my 8 week scan ❤️💙 so scared incase anything goes wrong I suppose dose it ever get easier or is that a silly question 🙈🤞xx

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Hey! I had mine a couple of weeks ago it was totally fine - and felt great to have some support.

Lots of questions - peeing in a cup and bloodtests.

Was easy peasy - I had no examination.

Best of Luck!

Xxx

2 likes

Thanks Mrs, did they check your baby's heart beat? Xxx

1 like

No they didn't do any scans or anything. Just my blood pressure.

Not sure if they check heartbeat in any other clinics.

Honestly it was a great appointment with lots of 'to do's' which made things feel a bit more real - booking appointments and 12 week scan etc.

Good Luck and don't worry 😘

1 like

Am so nervous about everything 😂🙈, and driven my other half nuts lol xxxx

1 like

Hope it goes well! I am sure it will xxx

1 like

All went fine ❤️ just got bloods took and lots of questions just need to wait for my letter for my 12 week scan xx

1 like

So good! Yeay roll on the 12 week scan! Mine is next Thursday 9th August eeek!

Glad it went well for you.

Xxx

1 like

Best wishes- hope it all goes well x

1 like

Thank you ❤️xxx

Hi Hun, I was also a nervous wreck so much so that I didn't even have my booking appointment til I was 16 weeks as I was convinced I would miscarry again! The appointment went really quick even though it lasted ages, as there are so many questions. I cried as soon as I met my midwife as my anxiety levels were ridiculous but she was really supportive & made me feel more comfortable about my pregnancy. She did listen to the baby's heartbeat to reassure me but as I said, I was 16 weeks. Friends of mine who had booking appointments at the right time said this didn't happen. Good luck, I hope your midwife is as wonderful as mine 😘 x

1 like

Aww thank you ❤️ xxx

I know that feeling! I burst into tears at my first midwife appointment, it just felt like a 'I've been here before' moment. It was fine and she was very reassuring. They can't really detect the heartbeat with a doppler until at least 14 weeks but I don't think my midwife started checking the heartbeats until about 28 weeks (I'm having twins & she said it was much more difficult with twins). However, due to my anxiety my midwife did book me in for a reassurance scan a couple of days after I saw her, not sure if they do this for everyone - I guess it all depends on your midwife and epu guidelines. Your 12 week scan will be here before you know it, and you'll be able to relax a little xxx

1 like

Thank you I hope so xx

You may also like...