Thinking ahead

Me and my partner are currently going through our last cycle of icsi and we were told by one of the consultants that due to having a failed frozen cycle last year with a good quality embryo that we could go for 2 depending on how many etc but the nurse was saying they dont like to due to the risks. We have a 1 year old son from our first ever round Im 32 yrs old and my partner is 56

Just wanted to get others opinion thank u xx

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hey love,

I suppose you would need to ask yourself how you would feel if you were to fall with twins.

Would it be something that you could cope with?

If not then I think you would need to opt for a single embryo transfer (could still split resulting in twins) and hopefully you will be able to freeze some for further rounds.

I think if this is your second go and you are clearly paying privately then if twins is not an issue for you then they should be willing to allow a double transfer.

Whatever you decide wishing you all the luck in the world.xx

• I have two friends who had double transfer and just had one baby and one friend who had double transfer and now has twins. So it's a real possibility that you could end up with twins. It seems like double transfer is more recommended for older women xx

You may also like...