Help.... Test date.... test early or not?!??

So this is mine and DH first round of ivf, I had the endometrial scratch done Wednesday 18th January, EC Friday 17th Feb and then ET Wednesday 22nd Feb.

We had 2 embryos put back inside, apparently top grade text book ones (what ever that is) and unfortunately we have none frozen. Both embryos made it to day 5 blastocyst stage.

Our clinic said to us to test in two weeks time so that makes another week away.

I have ready that some people say take the 5 days off the 2ww in which case we would test on the weekend.

I'm literally going crazy telling myself this has not worked because of AF symptoms and usual period spots on my chin.

Me and DH were thinking should we maybe do a test on Sunday and then test again Wednesday next week......?!?!

If anyone has any advise i welcome it, I really don't know what to do!

Trying our hardest to remain positive but it's so hard!!

Thanks in advance


8 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hello I think it's a very personal choice to test early or not, personally I always do but just be prepared that the result may change and they give us a test date for a reason.

    Good Luck πŸ€πŸ€

  • hiya hun, i know its hard to hold out for the test date, I struggled but I waited to test as I didn’t want to deal with any false results as sometimes the trigger shot can still be in your system which may give you a false positive. Your half way through now not long left you can do it. I was so worried I had no symptoms at all and got a BFP I still can’t believe it. Just take it easy and time will fly by. :) xxxx

  • Hi Diamond! I agree with Button, it's definitely a personal choice. Some women can wait. Others can't. I am trying to wait and with ours being a 2dt there's not much point me testing now. I did test early last time and got a BFP which was an amazing feeling. However, if it was negative I told myself I would be prepared for that as it was too early but I'm not exactly sure how I would have felt.

    When I've googled it (because let's be honest, who doesn't google something at some point in their 2ww?!) LOTS of women test in secret as their DHs don't want them to test early. It's easy for DH to tell us not to, it's a different experience for them and they're not over analyzing every symptom (or lack of!).

    So, this is my round about way of telling you to do what you want to do. I don't have much faith in myself to wait until the 10th. It's a long time. So test away if you want! But if you get a BFN you can't let that go to your head and if your get a BFP you probably won't believe it until OTD anyway! Basically we can't win. We're screwed either way.

    Good pep talk MommaBear! hahahaha x x x

  • Hi Diamonddream. You're going to hate me for saying it, but if you can, do try and wait until the correct day to test. Everyone seems to think that you should be having some symptoms or another, but this is not always the case - except for tiredness. Try and keep busy if you can, and know that the embryos you have had put back, obviously mean business because they got to 5 day blastocysts - great! Good luck and I'm thinking of you. Diane

  • Hi Diane. Do you know why some are given a whole 14 days past transfer test date and some are given less? Especially if blasts are used? My test date is only 11 days past. Thank you 😊

  • Hi Tugsgirl. Yes, it is because the transferred embryos are that much more advanced, so hopefully the correct result will show up a few days earlier. However, this is not always the case, as some embryos slow down temporarily when transferred, so if a negative test shows up, it's best to check again 3 days later. Hope that helps. Diane

  • If my test is negative my clinic asks that I stop all meds. Would testing three days later make any difference?

    Thank you

  • Hi Tugsgirl. If you have tested on the correct recommended day and it is negative - providing the clinic tells you to stop meds, then OK. If you decide to check again a few days later and it should be positive, it proves that your own progesterone has kicked in and is doing the job it's supposed to. You would then to ask whether you need to restart meds or not. Good luck! Diane

You may also like...