6dp 5dfet concerned

For the past couple of days I've had AF type stomach ache. Today and yesterday it was most of the day. It's much milder than my usual pmt but full blown pmt usually only occurs on the day of AF anyway. Yesterday morning when I wiped I had the minutest bit of pink, so much so that I'd convinced myself that I imagined it by last night! But this afternoon there was definitely a pink tinge when I wiped, still barely noticeable but I've been looking out for it so I couldn't really miss it.

My period was due one week ago today (the day before I had my fet). I don't know if it's AF coming, pregnancy symptoms or whether my body is just plain confused πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ Im still taking progesterone, Oestrogen and doing the hrt patches. Anyone experienced anything similar and still had a positive test? My test day is Sunday the 5th of March x

Last edited by

20 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hi Tugsgirl,

I had frequent AF pains during my 2ww and for the first 11 or so weeks of pregnancy. I am now nearly 16 weeks and still get them occasionally, usually just before my bump grows a bit! Unless this is how your AF usually starts, I would say it's a good sign, especially seeing as it was due a week ago. Try not to worry. Wishing you lots and lots of luck and keeping everything crossed for you. Xx

• I'm trying. I think my body and my head are both super confused and playing tricks on me 😞 X

• Oh you poor thing. The 2ww is such a horrible time. Remember - If AF is a week late, that is a super good sign whether your body is confused or not and unless the blood is red, you do not need to worry. I bled quite a lot of pink blood one night in my 2ww before I went to bed and fell asleep that night in DH's arms with us both convinced it would all be over by morning, but morning came and there was no more blood. You are still very much in the running hun, so keep that chin up! Thinking of you. Xx

• Thing is AF would normally have fallen the day before my fet last Wednesday, and I'm still on meds so maybe that's why I've not got AF yet.... Normally of course I'd be thrilled with being a week late but these are not normal circumstances. But obviously I hope you are right! πŸ€ πŸ™πŸ» X

• Thank you for the link x

• Hiya keep thinking positive not long to go now it could be anything as long as it's not red and a full blown period your all good. It could just be the remains on the implantation :) don't panic I've got my Fingers crossed for you hun!! :D xxx

• It's so hard. If it was one thing or the other; pmt OR pink spotting but when it's both it's much harder not to worry but I'm still trying to be positive! I didn't get any spotting on my first cycle x

• Aww im glad your staying positive I know it's soooo hard and you constantly watch out for any symptoms and anything different but it could be the drugs that are making you have a bit of pink. You will soon know the answer..Maybe it's a good thing that you didn't have it last cycle If you got a negative. I really hope your dreams come true :) xxxx

• Thank you so much 😊 X

• I think that is perfectly normal and could be implementation bleeding. Maybe Google it. I was really worried when I had no bleeding in my 2ww as most people seem to have it as a sign. A long as you don't have full blown AF I wouldn't worry. Fingers crossed for test day for you 🀞xx

• I know right? You worry if you do and worry if you don't! πŸ˜• X

• Exactly! 😁x

• "Pmt" feeling has not surfaced today. Confusing times 🀣

• "Pmt" is back 😒

• Have everything crossed for you, it's so hard because all the symptoms we experience are the same as AF and pregnancy!! But like everyone else is saying as long as you haven't got full on AF I'm sure everything will be ok.

Hang in there hunni not long now, your doing a fab job xx

• Hi Tugsgirl, hang in there lovely you're doing so well!

I was a bit disappointed because I'd had no symptoms. Not a stitch! But I woke up at 2am with the worst 'pulling' sensation in my lower tummy. It wasn't pleasant, the only time I've experienced a feeling like it is when I had my mc. So today I am all confused as to what's going on.

I tell myself there's no way of knowing and that thinking/worrying won't help but we can't help it. The only other symptom I have is a funny taste in the back of my mouth which I've had since Monday. I had this when I was pregnant last time BUT I also know my brain is playing tricks on me as it would be too early for this. So I'm with you stuck in limbo lovely.

Not long now until your test day, hang in there, one week down... we can do this!!! x x x

• Please try not to worry I have been having crampy feelings like I am about to come on and I am 7 weeks pregnant tomorrow! I had my 5dt on the 31st of January.

I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get a positive because of my period like feeling! Its normal and alot of people get it.

I know its stupid to say try not to worry, as you are going to worry no matter what! but it is normal xx

• Thanks everyone; I think the worst part is knowing that whatever my result on Sunday, it's out of my hands. Despite all the worry over "pmt" symptoms I still feel hopeful, which is more than I did last time. No more pink since Tuesday. I know it could go either way.

I read a glowing post to my clinic on fb yesterday from a lady who's just had her second daughter from treatment with them. I had a nose around her profile and discovered that she doesn't live that far away from us. Our clinic is about 70 miles travel. I am getting to my point, slowly lol, my point is that I know of at least 4 couples now who have conceived at my clinic; 3 of the couples I personally know of. Those 3 couples conceived at my clinic on their first treatments. Really hoping I'm not the odd one out anymore. The thought of trying again when the clinic has such a high success rate (statistically it does) when I know personally it can and does work first time for others, would make me feel even more of a failure.

Sorry for that πŸ‘†πŸ» Like I said I am actually still hopeful that this is our time x x x

• Hi,

It's just such a worrying time and we all want our miracle(s), hard to say but try and stay calm and rest on Sunday.

Wishing you lots of luck.

Kelly xx

You may also like...