EC Done!!

Ok so I'm not going to lie, I was terrified and it was awful. The sedation did nothing for me, I was wide awake and aware of everything. Very very uncomfortable and they increased my pain relief and sedation several times but it made no difference :( however it wasn't as bad as I had expected, no sharp pain just A LOT of pressure!!

9 eggs collected so I'm feeling very happy!! Xx

Last edited by

15 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • So pleased for you! I was thinking of you.

• Aw I'm sorry to hear about your sedation experience - that's terrible - worth reviewing with your team in case you need it again ever... Hopefully not though! Fantastic news about your eggs. Thrilled for you x

• Well done Hun. TBH I was same I hated it and found it painful but didn't want to tell you yesterday before EC and freak you out! All for a hopeful positive outcome though xxx

• Oh bless you thank you!! I don't think I could have been any more nervous than I was to be honest!! Lol xx

• Well done hun!!!now put your feet up and rest :) I had my transfer done today. And I agree with you about sedation, mine started to wear off to and it was painful x

• I'm lying on the sofa but I'm in agony! How much pain is normal after EC?? X

• My clinic told me I couldn't use a hot water bottle but unless you were told the same then I'd use one, many do up until transfer. Also take paracetamol x

• I wasn't in too much pain but I used a hot water bottle and aalso took paracetamol. X

• I was awake too. I didn't find it painful exactly just very uncomfortable at times. It's not nice but it's done now. Be proud πŸ‘πŸ»

• And get plenty of fluids!

• Aw bless that must have been quite scary. I always just zonk out me lol. 9 eggs is great rest up now ready for transfer x

• Oh gosh so sorry to hear it was so unpleasant for you but congratulations at getting a good number of eggs, hopefully it'll all be worth it xx

• Awesome stuff BabyD....wishing you all the best and let's hope things work out nicely for you

• Thank you for all your replies! I've seen every hour tonight as I'm so nervous for the phone call regarding fertilisation!! Still very sore too xx

• Good result tho!! So pleased for u x

You may also like...