My 13 year old child is soiling all the time - ERIC

ERIC

5,564 members2,154 posts

My 13 year old child is soiling all the time

Dogpurple12
Dogpurple12

Hi everybody my 13 year old boy is soiling his pants all the time and sometimes soils his pants 4 times a day he goes to the gastric doctor for it and is on multiple different medicines for it but getting no where fast

36 Replies
oldestnewest

Put him in pampers size 8 if he is slim enough or drynites or a nappy from molicare called Molicare slip maxi pe backed which keep in the smells very well!

I will think about it he has soiled his pants today and it was a lot

Would I send him to school with it on

Yes and arrange someone to change him!

I changed him earlier on and he has done it again

Sounds like he needs a full disimpaction. This can take a month plus at that age. I would contact the Eric helpline for advice and watch the Poo Nurses video about disimpaction online.

Dogpurple12
Dogpurple12 in reply to Robinia

Done disimpactions multiple times

Robinia
Robinia in reply to Dogpurple12

Yes us too. Keep having to do them again and again. It’s only successful when you get to rusty brown water

I’ve got a 13 year old with the same problems. He does a toilet sit before school which does pretty much prevent accidents at school, but he still has daily accidents at home - wetting and soiling and often multiple times a day.

We are currently doing a disimpaction with senna and sodium docusate (as he hates movicol, laxido etc) and it’s been difficult but after a week we think we are seeing signs of his gut being emptier.

We’ve found the movicol mummies Facebook group helpful as well as the poo nurses video someone else has mentioned.

He soils at school all the time

That must be really tough for him. I hope school are supportive.

Does he wear nappies for it

No, but for a while he did have a bag of spare clothes in matron's office just in case.

Do you think my son needs nappies has he has soiled twice today

You can buy pads, which would be more discreet than nappies if you are thinking of going down that route. We’ve never used them though, so I can’t advise further - sorry.

Might be worth starting a new post on here to see what others advise if this is something you want help with. I understand a range of brands are available and expect some would be more suited to deal with soiling than others...

You could try something like drynites or the incontinence pants from aldis, they would contai any soiling but he could still use the toilet normally, rather than being stuck in a nappy.

Dogpurple12
Dogpurple12 in reply to StellaA

He soiled once yesterday but no improvement because he has soiled three times today. We haven't decided yet if we will get the pads or nappies

StellaA
StellaA in reply to Dogpurple12

How long has he had issues with soiling?Is he cleaning up after himself? If he is, putting him in nappies is probably a step in the wrong direction.

Unless he's having wetting issues aswell.

Dogpurple12

He has soiled since he was 4 and a half sometimes he cleans up but I have to remember him all the time as he will sit in it all day and all night and yes he wets himself all the time aswell

Also he wets the bed Should he wear nappies at night

StellaA

Yes, definitely, I have no idea how you have coped with changing clothes and bedding for 9 years.I will send you a link to what I buy for my 11 year old granddaughter.

Dogpurple12

It's not letting me message you

StellaA

Strange, Can you read the message, and do the website links work?

If you can't reply in the chat you can always just answer my questions here?

Dogpurple12

Yes I can see and read the messages

No I can't write in a box and then send

I will reply to your questions on this page

StellaA

Yes, please answer them, I'm dyeing to know.

Dogpurple12

When he started soiling at 4.5 years old that's when he went to school he didn't come out of nappies until 6 years old

StellaA

Did you keep giving him nappies at night after that?

Why did you stop with the nappies because he doesn't seem to be toilet trained if he is still wetting and soiling to the extent you say he is.

I would recommend going back to nappies for a while and starting over again with a toileting plan.

He has soiled 4 times in his pants today so far

StellaA

That sounds horrible for both of yous.

I hope you can get this sorted out soon.

No messages is not working

He was taking out of nappies at 6 years old because he stopped soiling and then he started soiling at 8 for 2 months and that was OK and then at 11 for 1 year and again at 13

He was in nappies till 10 at night time and then he stopped and then he started again at 13 and it is once a week usually he wets the bed

StellaA

Did his bedwetting and soiling both start again around the same time?

Have you bought him any nappies or pads yet?

Dogpurple12

Yes his bed wetting and soiling started about the same time and no I haven't bought anything yet

You may also like...