I have recently been going through ivf but this had to be stopped as they discovered the severity of endometriosis- primarily through scans. My ovaries are stuck together behind my womb and slightly twisted- each has an endometrioma approximately 4cm + on each side. The left being slightly worse. These are my symptoms and I was wondering if anyone could identify with these???
* Period- excruciating pain- sharp and dull ache, cannot stand up properly and straighten out, makes me feel faint due to the pain. Bowels are extremely painful- very difficult to go due to the pain, lower abdomen pain also when urinating. Heavy bleeding/flooding/clots for full 7 days. When on period feel like womb is a hard melon, very swollen
* Rest of the month-
* Left sided pain-dull ache (constant) to my left lower abdo, hip/pelvic area around to my lower back-into my groin and down my leg. Heat patches take edge of this
* Extremely swollen stomach-slightly more on left side, tender to touch, difficult to lie down, get comfortable. Unable to wear certain clothes
* Bowel pains- pain when opening bowels in lower abdomen area. Sharp then dull ache afterwards
* Urinary- very prone to cystitis/urine infections/kidney infections had multiple in last year
* Been anaemic multiple times/iron deficient
* Gluten intolerant and IBS symptoms
* Pain during sex- internal sharp pains, burning feeling, ache to lower left abdomen
* Constantly tired- very difficult to gain any energy
* Nausea- especially when pain is bad, sometimes this is constant, lose interest in food
* Feeling like something is attached inside my left abdomen/twisted and sensation of “pulling” when I move or walk
* Heavy full sensation in my lower abdomen constantly
I have been referred to an endometriosis centre and I have my first consultation on the 4th December... I am very nervous about this and wondered could anyone tell me what happened for them?